No sound from pc speakers??

james0808

Reaction score
I dont know what has happened but i dont get any sound when watching youtube or the start up noise or that noise you usually get when you empty your recycle bin but i can hear sound when playing stuff through windows media player so im guessing its a setting or something,anyone know what i can do???:banghead:

My Computer, Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices,....under Sounds

and check there

You can slo check check under Audio for the input devices.

Not sure if you've sorted this by I've been having the same problems. It seems that one of the versions of macromedia flash deletes a file called wavemapper from the windows registry; I understand that this manages all your internet sounds.

All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, type regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left hand pane, untill you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

Then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quotes of course), ENTER, then right click on the new file "wavemapper", press modify and type "msacm32.drv" in the box that says value data and press enter.

No need to reboot, it should work straight away.

I got this information from the adobe forum. There seems to be loads of different solutions but the one above worked for me.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webfor...id=184&threadid=1252570&enterthread=y#4517539

I am assuming that your on XP and not Vista? I can't vouch whether this works for the latter

Thanks alot rich32uk.:icon_thumright:
I just reran my windows disc and they worked again.