Ipod Touch

big_mo

MOSES
Reaction score
Hi peeps

Right im going on holiday soon.....well not till June. And im looking to get a Ipod touch.
Iv been looking at them for a couple of weeks now and just want to know
1 is the net free?
2 can i play tv programs and films on there?

i haven't actually got one (still can't decide whether to buy the iPhone or iPod Touch) but i've had and used iPods since the 2nd generation units came out.
a friend has got the iPhone which also doubles as a 16gb iPod Touch and whenever i see him i basically pinch his iPhone just to have a play with it! the interface is so user friendly its unreal and the way you can flick and scroll through the menu's is so easy it will be second nature in a matter of minutes. the best advice i can give you is to go to the carphonewarehouse/O2 shops/apple store and just pick one up and play with it for 10 minutes.

yes there are loads of different mp3/multimedia players out there but i think the iPod Touch/iPhone is second to none.

I have an itouch, it's an amazing bit of kit.
The UI is so easy, my 5 year old picked it up in seconds and plays with it regularly.
The standard headphones are woefully bad though, as they are on all ipods.:banghead:
Do yourself a favour and buy better ones immediately ( I paid £70 for Shure 210's, but JVC make goods ones for £45, see this month's T3 mag).
Seriously, don't even try the standard ones, just bin them.:Flush:
You can download TV programmes such as LOST etc., from itunes.
Films are bit more of a pain, as itunes UK doesn't offer the movie rental option than itunes USA does, yet.
They plan to introduce it this year though.:rockwoot:
You can transfer DVD's onto your ipod, but it's a bit of a pain.
You have to download third party software and do lots of conversion 'stuff'.
I'm happy with the music and music videos though.
I'm actually thinking of buying a 32gb one, and giving my 8gb one to my daughter.
Apart from the earphones, the only criticism I would give is the lack of manual graphic equaliser.
It has loads of presets (rock,classic,pop etc.etc.), but none sound quite like I want them to.
Here'a a photo of mine resplendent in it's 'iskins' cover.
I searched high and low for a decent cover, the iskins one is superb.
SP_A0146.jpg

Oh, one more thing.
If you can, get a US model itouch.
Euro ones have a volume limit of 83%, whereas the yank ones go up to 100%.
Only matters if you like your music pretty loud though.

I have some shure earphones too... and I love them!!

Some might take a bit of time to find the right buds but its well worth it.

Thanks guys

Well looks like im going to get one these bad boys then.
I did look at the Iphone but iv heard bad things. Not really phone friendly can not forward on text an the bluetooth is only to iphone to iphone.
Also i have heard the battery is rubbish and after 18 or so they die.

Plus

I have no personal experience of the iphone, but two people I know have returned theirs within hours of getting them.