Help with home audio

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Guys moving house soon and looking to install a multi room audio system, have looked at the Bose system anyone had any experiance of these, any tips when buying or looking??

Also if you are after a Bose setup, just something to bear in mind, they have a Outlet in Bicester Village, near Oxford, where the prices are alot cheaper than in stores...

Only go for a Bose system if you are short on space. I went for a Bose system in the car as I'm tired of taking the skin off my knuckles changing systems round.

They have good sound for a mass market system, but would say you get much better sound from an AV system you can pick up in Richer Sounds.

Many of the AV systems have multi room amplification facilities (Onkyo / Pioneer / Sony / Marantz). The other approach for multiroom is to use Apple's new Airport Express devices at £60 per unit to feed the signal to each room.

Bose is mediocre at best, it's really for people who just want mediocre sound with little impact on the aesthetics of the rooms but like the reassurance of spending a lot of money to get it. As warren says above much better systems out there for less money and Richer Sounds is an excellent place to start.

Also keep an eye open on Seven Oaks, they sometimes have some good deals, I picked up my monitor audio speakers last year with a healthy 25% discount. Peter Tyson are cheape if you buy on line too.

Hi,
I have recently installed a Sonos system which fits in nicely with some of my existing hi-fi.
This links to my mini-mac and 500gb hard-drive with all my music on. Must say it is very impressive. Only have 2 zones at the moment (Lounge and Bathroom) but will expand into Bedroom and Kitchen/Dining room once house extension is complete (not started yet!) Works well on wired network (have 27 cat5e outlets in my house) but should also work wirelessly.
Definitely recommend.

Superfi.co.uk is a very good site, it has a lot of 7 day deals that are very good.

The Kef eggs are very good matched up with a good amp...probably as good as the Bose, if not better

Hi,
I have recently installed a Sonos system which fits in nicely with some of my existing hi-fi.
This links to my mini-mac and 500gb hard-drive with all my music on. Must say it is very impressive. Only have 2 zones at the moment (Lounge and Bathroom) but will expand into Bedroom and Kitchen/Dining room once house extension is complete (not started yet!) Works well on wired network (have 27 cat5e outlets in my house) but should also work wirelessly.
Definitely recommend.

Sonos gets my vote and I too would avoid bose where possible.

I have two Bose accoustimas 5 systems connected to different AV amps, and think the sound is fantastic without the need for massive floor speakers. Just my 2p worth. :o.k: