Samsung U600

Had one for a few days as an upgrade and managed to send it back and exchange it for a Nokia E65.
The u600 is nice to look at but too much of a gimicky phone with the touch sensitive buttons/slim phone etc.... not keen on the Samsung user friendliness or functionality personally

The media player is supposed to be decent with the Bang&Olufsen amp built into it, but how good compared to the Sony Ericsson walkman phones, I'm not sure.
Was it the user interface you didn't like then?

ive had one now for 2 weeks the touch sensitive buttons are hard to get used to i have been half way througha text and it goes back to the main menu.
this is ok if it saves it in drafts as sony would do but it just vanishes
overal i like the sony walkman phones better i had b4 a w810i and mrs has w850i
maybe its because you get used to your previous phone

Sony phones far better, Iv'e had one (Samsung) for a while now and never really used it. Plus keeps dropping bluetooth connection with my car sat nav so its not that good!

Dont bother with the U600 the U stands for USELESS!!! They have created the slimmest phone but thats as far as it goes... the UI is totally crap (previous phone was a Sony) - STAY AWAY!

my girlfreind has one and i ****** hate it! the b loody toch sensitive buttons are a nightmare, go for the n95, an amazing phone imo

My G/f has a U600, i think its pretty cool and she loves it. Only downsides are the screen can crack really easily and the speaker packed up.
Still don't know how you save media to the card rather than the phone though!

I like Samsungs, but the U600 is a bit of a letdown.
The touch sensitive keys are a ****** nightmare.
Having said that, the fact it is a slim slider means I keep it.
I hate exposed keys, but I don't want a flip phone either.
So it has to be a slider and it has to be slim.
I did think of the N95, but it's a bit of a brick.

bowfer said:
I did think of the N95, but it's a bit of a brick.

you could also cook an english breakfast on the screen after using it for 15 minutes, it gets red hot.

aye i was gona get the n95, didnt get a lot of positive feedback, battery dies quick, slider gets loose, got sony ericsson k850i, lovely toy 5 megapixel camera, nice...

auditek said:
got sony ericsson k850i, lovely toy 5 megapixel camera, nice...

My mate loves his Sony Ericssons.
Exposed keys though, so they're out for me.
Exposed keys just seem too old fashioned to me.
Then there's the hassle of having to lock the keys etc.etc.

Iv'e a unlocked used for a week U600 if anyone is interested, just dont like it!

Make me a offer via PM!

I like mine apart from connecting to the ****** internet nearly every time i slide the thing open.

james0808 said:
I like mine apart from connecting to the ****** internet nearly every time i slide the thing open.

It should have the small rubber lip to assist opening, like the D900.
As you say, opening the U600 becomes a choice between accidentally pressing buttons or using the screen, which then becomes covered in fingerprints.