whats this tv like?

It's always better to spend more on good quality. End of the day tho, set urself a maximum budget and stick to it. I'm not into buying cheap products, I'll buy a good product at the cheapest possible price. Stick to known brands if ur budget allows(or buy a lesser model, but still of a known brand). I'd personally steer clear of it.

i think i will get a better quality one in the end i was just asking to see what ppl thought about it

I don't think i've found an example where it wasn't true that you get what you pay for......

Infact F&^$ that! i can think of many! Where you spend a bomb and the damn things crap! but the other way around...almost unheard of!

Buy a Toshiba or samsung

just bought this still waiting on delivery philips 42PF9831D from empiredirect
it plays everything is only 720p 1080i but has full ambilight and has ethernet connection so straight to the network

Seriously if your wanting a top end LCD panel then look no further than this baby http://www.sharp.co.uk/invt/lc42xd1ea

Running my laptop with output to this television at the moment, the Standard Definition quality with Sky set on RGB is truly something to be seen, High Definition just makes the television excel even more.
Just ordered a Sky HD box from Fleabay for 175quid today and cant wait to get it setup on Friday morning.

Other than the Sharp Aquos you should think about the 1080p ready Samsungs, up there behind the Sharp but more reasonably priced I believe.

I looked at Phillips LCD panels and they are way too overpriced for their quality, ambilight is cool but that shouldnt make you buy an average panel with a over inflated price tag.

Other than LCD panels, The only Plasma has to be Pioneers new range. Nothing more or nothing less than Pioneer in that bracket.

i dont think my philips is over priced £1400 with ethernet, 2xusb that handles movie and sound and hd jpgs, 2xhdmi vga full ambylight, software upgradable, up to 1080i latest pixel plus 3 hd
only thing is its fcukin huge
need new house now to fit it