Which ISP?

wilko

Top Gear
Reaction score
I'm currently with Virgin Media for my phone & broadband, but have cancelled my phone and am going with BT - reason was because I'[m trying to cut my monthly outgoings. Now I have the dilema of who to get my broadband from. I have an Orange Mobile so I thought maybe Orange but that would mean renewing with an 18 month contract and i'm 8 months into my current one so i'm not that keen. I have Sky so I thought Sky could be a good option with Talk See & Surf.

What does everyone else use? I've heard Sky had some initial problems but most of them are now sorted.

Anything/one else i should consider?

im with ukonline so far cheap reasonable costs me a tenner a month. thought of changing to sky but during the change process i will be without broadband for up to 4 months.

shy wont connect if an existing broadband connection is there you have to cancel down and clear the line before they will start the connection process. recently a friend of mine went onto sky it took them 12 weeks to connect.

Carphone warehouse have just taken 5 months to connect another friend who was originally on dial up.

Hope this helps you choose

Max

I would choose an LLU service if you have one available at your exchange.

I moved from Zen to BE, and am very happy with the speed/service.

Sky's unlimited 16mb offering doesnt seem to get the bad reviews that its other services do either.

;)
inigoj said:
I would choose an LLU service if you have one available at your exchange.

I moved from Zen to BE, and am very happy with the speed/service.

Sky's unlimited 16mb offering doesnt seem to get the bad reviews that its other services do either.

I'm with Be :icon_thumright:

I connect at around 17-19mb, hardly enough time to make a cuppa before Lost is 'found'...

mickey_a6 said:
We're with Zen - a bit more expensive than many, but 100% completely reliable and customer service is second to none. They are a very professional outfit, and you should find a package to suit:

http://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ZenBroadband.aspx

This site also gives pretty honest ratings, which you might find useful:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.shtml

HTH.

Zen for me too and I have in total 7 Zen connections used at work and other than when BT let them down, they are excellant.