AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Which ISP?

Top Gear

Status

Which ISP?

I'm currently with Virgin Media for my phone & broadband, but have cancelled my phone and am going with BT - reason was because I'[m trying to cut my monthly outgoings. Now I have the dilema of who to get my broadband from. I have an Orange Mobile so I thought maybe Orange but that would mean renewing with an 18 month contract and i'm 8 months into my current one so i'm not that keen. I have Sky so I thought Sky could be a good option with Talk See & Surf.

What does everyone else use? I've heard Sky had some initial problems but most of them are now sorted.

Anything/one else i should consider?
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    We're with Zen - a bit more expensive than many, but 100% completely reliable and customer service is second to none. They are a very professional outfit, and you should find a package to suit:

http://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ZenBroadband.aspx

This site also gives pretty honest ratings, which you might find useful:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.shtml

HTH.

Deep Blue

Status
    im with ukonline so far cheap reasonable costs me a tenner a month. thought of changing to sky but during the change process i will be without broadband for up to 4 months.

shy wont connect if an existing broadband connection is there you have to cancel down and clear the line before they will start the connection process. recently a friend of mine went onto sky it took them 12 weeks to connect.

Carphone warehouse have just taken 5 months to connect another friend who was originally on dial up.

Hope this helps you choose

Max
    A6 2.4Se Man
    Bmw 520Ise Auto

Top Gear

Status
    Thanks guys.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

1st Gear

Status
    I would choose an LLU service if you have one available at your exchange.

I moved from Zen to BE, and am very happy with the speed/service.

Sky's unlimited 16mb offering doesnt seem to get the bad reviews that its other services do either.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by inigoj
    I would choose an LLU service if you have one available at your exchange.

I moved from Zen to BE, and am very happy with the speed/service.

Sky's unlimited 16mb offering doesnt seem to get the bad reviews that its other services do either.
    I'm with Be

I connect at around 17-19mb, hardly enough time to make a cuppa before Lost is 'found'...
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey_a6
    We're with Zen - a bit more expensive than many, but 100% completely reliable and customer service is second to none. They are a very professional outfit, and you should find a package to suit:

http://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ZenBroadband.aspx

This site also gives pretty honest ratings, which you might find useful:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.shtml

HTH.
    Zen for me too and I have in total 7 Zen connections used at work and other than when BT let them down, they are excellant.
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN