computer wizards i need your help!

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, normally im pretty good with comps but this one baffles me, about an hour ago the computer restarted by itself I was playing the 360 in the other room, I heard the beep and was like wtf! so I went to check it out and it came up with a screen saying 'sorry for the inconvenience the computer has been restarted blah blah blah, and gave me the options safe mode, safe mode with networking, last known config and normal load of xp.

Anyway ive tried them all and none of these options will load windows as once you select them it looks like its about to load with the winxp splash screen the restarts again coming up with the same screen as before.

I cant work it out I have disconnected everything I can from the back and tried booting with the hdd, cdrom drive and a drive disconnected and stilll no luck. I can’t seem to find the recovery cd it came with at the moment but it must be around somewhere. Do you think that would get it booted up?

btw i no it sounds strange but at the time i was playing the 360 and it froze up on the dash for about 10 secs then as soon as it started working again I heard the beep from the computer in the other room, maybe connected, power surge?

Thanks

Allan

Thats really weird, my computer has started to do the same recently, the other night it just came on and I thought What the F*** and now every other day when I get up in morning its on... Its a new PC and theres no dodgy programmes on there and I have a really good anti virus programme etc

I'd say you have definately had a power surge or a brown-out (the opposite of a surge, not something rude). At a guess your hard drive sounds like it is dead.

hey, supprisingly it now works i thought that maybe a component like the memory had been killed but i found the restore cd and ran that and it reinstalled xp and now everythings working fine, just gotta reinstall all the apps etc and i lost my favorites folder, damn it!

If you had the restore cd you could have repaired your OS and not completely restored it. That way you would have been able to keep all your apps and favs!