home cinema projector

twofivenine

Reaction score
in the process of re-vamping the house, and want to install a projector and electric drop down screen in the lounge for watching DVD's / games etc. having next to no knowledge on this, can anyone recommend any products that will allow me to do this? the room dimensions are 4m x 4m, my surround sound system is a pioneer dcs 360. I would prefer a HD projector if poss, but picture quality is my first priority. dont want to spend a fortune, but then dont want to scrimp on the cost to result in a loss of quality.
from looking around on the net, I would be looking at getting either an 88 or 92 inch screen.
the projector is to be ceiling mounted.

thanks for any help!

its going to look very odd with that kind of size room. why not get a wall mount lcd or plasma.

other than that dell / sony projectors are good... both have optional roof mounts.

what about running cables to it from your AV sources? one long HDMI or DVI or RGB cable and a switch box in your cabinet would do the trick.

Grab a copy of What HiFi Sound and Vision, loads of useful info and reviews in there as well as some cracking deals from advertisers.