New Plasma

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Just bought a new TV!

At last a flat screen. Have bought a Samsung PS50Q7HD (50" Plasma) via Pricerunner, and can't wait for it's delivery !!

Next a premium sound system. Any suggestions? Was looking for the Bose Lifestyle 48, but at c£3500 a bit high!

Quite like the Mission Cube system, as a speaker setup...

The KEF egg system is a good option run off one of the Yamaha AV amps, my mate runs them really good sound

Do they have there own amp Olly?? or they running of a AV Amp??

it has its own amp, built into the sub. I run a yamaha ax620 AV amp, and together the whole thing sounds lovely

Very nice amp been looking into AV's recently thinking of making a purchase shortly

Yeah they're the same speakers I was looking at with the Bose Lifestyle system. This is essentially a DVD plater as well, which also has a small storage capacity for CDs, so you can play them throughout your house, but at £3500 it's a bit high for me.
Don't think you can get better though. B&O are too much of a design statement to make affordable.

Like the KEF Eggs, but can they be wall-mounted, as they appear to sit on a shelf or table (as the stand seems to be at the bottom)?

The Mission Cube system are very similar to the Bose cube speakers, but cheaper.

Would need an Amp and a decent DVD player/recorder too!

Biglockie said:
Very nice amp been looking into AV's recently thinking of making a purchase shortly
The amp is about 5 years old ! It was the dogs ******** at the time but has never put a foot wrong and still has all the connections I need 5 years on. So its a keeper. 90w on all 5 channels too which was rare back then !

stoakseya4 said:
Yeah they're the same speakers I was looking at with the Bose Lifestyle system. This is essentially a DVD plater as well, which also has a small storage capacity for CDs, so you can play them throughout your house, but at £3500 it's a bit high for me.
Acoustimass 15 can be had for around the £1000 mark:

https://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/detail.asp/sku=ACOUSTIMASS15%20III

I would get a seperate DVD player !

stoakseya4 said:
Don't think you can get better though. B&O are too much of a design statement to make affordable.

Like the KEF Eggs, but can they be wall-mounted, as they appear to sit on a shelf or table (as the stand seems to be at the bottom)?

The Mission Cube system are very similar to the Bose cube speakers, but cheaper.

Would need an Amp and a decent DVD player/recorder too!

Yeah the feet come off the eggs to turn them into a very nice wall mountable package

Olly_K said:
The amp is about 5 years old ! It was the dogs ******** at the time but has never put a foot wrong and still has all the connections I need 5 years on. So its a keeper. 90w on all 5 channels too which was rare back then !

Nice!!!!

Well the TV arrived Saturday morning as promised in a VERY LARGE box.

Simply plug and play. Couldn't have been easier. Very nice looking bit of kit and very pleased with the picture quality. THe nipper was stunned into silence initially then cried !! Brilliant...

Only problem so far has been no reception of ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5?! Apparently the signal is weak in certain areas. Bought a signal booster yesterday (£30) which no difference what so ever. So will check the Freeview information to see what's what.

Get some picelation when watching certain digital channels, but otherwise a sound buy for the money.

Time to starying researching dvd recorders, amps, speakers etc, although I'm pretty sure it'll be the Bose or the Mission cubes...

Nice one fela my plasma was the best thing I'd bought in years LOL, i use sky as our digital singal is turned on in the summer.

We're thinking about opting for BT Vision. Can't really have Sky as I'm hardly in, so a waste of money. With BT Vision, you essentially Pay per View, so makes more sense for me.

Have checked Freeview's website and I can't get ITV/C4/C5 ! How rubbish is that?! Have to watch it on normal analgue reception, which is awful. And on a flash TV looks even worse, at 50" ! Oh well...

You have a DVD recorder? Can you recommend one? Also, AMP? May consider the KEF Speakers as they can be wall-mounted as rather stylish!

Any of the yamaha, AV amps are good depends on your budget, but chek them out.

I have sky+, got no ideas on dvd recoreders fella

Cheers!
Just checked out the KEF 2005.2 speakers, and now reduced to c£500, so they're now favourite !!

stoakseya4 said:
Just bought a new TV!

At last a flat screen. Have bought a Samsung PS50Q7HD (50" Plasma) via Pricerunner, and can't wait for it's delivery !!

Next a premium sound system. Any suggestions? Was looking for the Bose Lifestyle 48, but at c£3500 a bit high!

Quite like the Mission Cube system, as a speaker setup...

I'm sorry to say but you wasted your money. Your tv is only 768 lines. Proper HD is 1080