Slimdevices Squeezebox

rowansbank

Reaction score
Anyone else got one of these great set-ups for playing networked audio?
:cool:

Yeah I've got one. It's great, streams all the MP3's from my computer into the stereo in the lounge. Also the internet radio and Pandora services are pretty cool.

Agreed! I have all my music on a NAS running SlimServer so I don't need the PC running and I stream via wireless. Only problem I have is with the AlienBBC radio - when I run the 'listen again' programs, the signal drops at random and you can't get back to the break. No doubt this is a broadband problem but when I listen via the BBC website, the program just picks up again where it left off. Do you have any problems with your setup?

THese are great I run 3 in my house 1 first gen slimd and 2 Squeeze V3's
They are great
sb3_hero_200.jpg

I got a Nokia N80 and use it to control them

Marmite, what software do you have on your N80 to control this? I've been wanting to do something similar for a while.

AndyCollins said:
Marmite, what software do you have on your N80 to control this? I've been wanting to do something similar for a while.

N80 is Wi-Fi so you can local host on it, screen size is good so using the SlimD interface is not much of a prob

I use a Acer Tablet the rest of the time to run it, great when you have a party everyone just picks there tunes and the playlist grows and grows