Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: 360 problem

Uber Post Whore

Status

Angry 360 problem

Anyone not able to turn on there 360.

Mine is just flashing a red cirlce with no signal...

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

2. # ADS
    ADS

va va voom

Status
    is it 3 red lights ?

common problem this is on 360s

MS will replace your machine with a new one
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Thanks, just dropped them an email.
    Last edited by TDI-line; 3rd February 2007 at 07:23.

: S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

Status
    I had the same problem when i fitted a nyko rear intercooler on mine, have u fitted 1 on yours?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPS_A4
    I had the same problem when i fitted a nyko rear intercooler on mine, have u fitted 1 on yours?
    I was planning on fitting a cooler to my 360 as its housed in a TV cabinet. Did the fault clear when you removed the cooler????

My local games shop has a cooler fitted to the shop demo 360 which is on all day, 7 days a week. Its been running with one for months ...... I asked about one and they said that their shop machine never overheats or crashes with the cooler fitted.

va va voom

Status
    dont buy the cheap cooler of ebay, the cooler does work very well and stops the machine from over heating,

ill see if i can find you a link
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

va va voom

Status

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

6th Gear

Status
    are 360's really this rubbish with cooling?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madvw
    are 360's really this rubbish with cooling?
    No ......... BUT ..........

Never had any issues at all when it was on one of those fancy glass stands that come with modern TV's even after hours of use. The Xbox kicks out a hell of alot of heat compared to any other games console Iv'e owned.

Since getting a wall hung LCD TV and putting the Sky box and 360 in a cabinet I sometimes get a disc error message after a few hours of use. The cabinet has holes in the back but the ambient temperature inside is noticabley quite warm. Turning the 360 off for a few moments before restarting solves the problem and works fine again for a few more hours.
    The extra fans help prevent the overheating issue for 360's in cabinets according to 360 forums.

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    I was planning on fitting a cooler to my 360 as its housed in a TV cabinet. Did the fault clear when you removed the cooler????

My local games shop has a cooler fitted to the shop demo 360 which is on all day, 7 days a week. Its been running with one for months ...... I asked about one and they said that their shop machine never overheats or crashes with the cooler fitted.
    Its runs ok now just make sure the connection is proper on other wise it will show errors its the same link which rickparmer has put up the nyko 1. does get noise but works for hours of hasell free gaming specially when you are live it can get very addicting.
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...0/Product.html

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers mate .......... just ordered one, can't go wrong at that price!!

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Just got mine back, minus £82.

Have logged the complaint at Watchdog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and...20070213.shtml

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    doesnt over heat if well vented.

the nyko was reported to cause a fire hazzard, burning at the power socked.

'circle of death' read lighs is caused when the main board heats and expands causing the board to pop, this makes the CPU pop out of its slot slightly.

if its out of warrenty is worth opening and removing the heat sink and pushing the CPU back in.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    No ......... BUT ..........

Never had any issues at all when it was on one of those fancy glass stands that come with modern TV's even after hours of use. The Xbox kicks out a hell of alot of heat compared to any other games console Iv'e owned.

Since getting a wall hung LCD TV and putting the Sky box and 360 in a cabinet I sometimes get a disc error message after a few hours of use. The cabinet has holes in the back but the ambient temperature inside is noticabley quite warm. Turning the 360 off for a few moments before restarting solves the problem and works fine again for a few more hours.
    The extra fans help prevent the overheating issue for 360's in cabinets according to 360 forums.
    my new one seems not to get that hot certainly kicks out a lot less heat than my old shuttle box did - and a lot less than my new quad core pc i'me building but it is in a case with 6 fans the antec 900.

I had head that the newer ones are fabed using a smaller process which will inherently run cooler.
    --
    Unlike a saxophone, a lawnmower can be tuned
    Audi Nationwide

2nd Gear

Status
    I had the same prob with mine , microsoft replaced it free of charge , that part now has a 3 year extended warranty , new one been fine, they replaced the machine within a week

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line
    Just got mine back, minus 82.

Have logged the complaint at Watchdog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and...20070213.shtml
    A good few months later, MS refunded the money. Nice result.

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPS_A4
    Its runs ok now just make sure the connection is proper on other wise it will show errors its the same link which rickparmer has put up the nyko 1. does get noise but works for hours of hasell free gaming specially when you are live it can get very addicting.
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...0/Product.html
    Have you read the reviews? loads of people who have used this reckon it caused an overheat!!
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

1st Gear

Status
    Well ........ 10 months on from my previous post on this thread and my Nyko Cooler is still doing its stuff and my 360 is 100% trouble free. Even after hours of non stop use in its cabinet ....... no problems or errors.

My console seems to be one of the few original consoles not to suffer from the dreaded red rings and works perfectly.

The important thing with the Nyko coolers is to ensure they are clipped firmly to the 360 and that the supply plug is inserted firmly. If the plug is slightly loose the low voltage/high current that passes through it causes heat damage. Same with any electrical connector, a loose connection with cause overheating and heat damage will occur.