360 problem

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
:confused: Anyone not able to turn on there 360.

Mine is just flashing a red cirlce with no signal...

is it 3 red lights ?

common problem this is on 360s

MS will replace your machine with a new one

I had the same problem when i fitted a nyko rear intercooler on mine, have u fitted 1 on yours?

DIPS_A4 said:
I had the same problem when i fitted a nyko rear intercooler on mine, have u fitted 1 on yours?

I was planning on fitting a cooler to my 360 as its housed in a TV cabinet. Did the fault clear when you removed the cooler????

My local games shop has a cooler fitted to the shop demo 360 which is on all day, 7 days a week. Its been running with one for months ...... I asked about one and they said that their shop machine never overheats or crashes with the cooler fitted.

dont buy the cheap cooler of ebay, the cooler does work very well and stops the machine from over heating,

ill see if i can find you a link

are 360's really this rubbish with cooling?

madvw said:
are 360's really this rubbish with cooling?

No ......... BUT ..........

Never had any issues at all when it was on one of those fancy glass stands that come with modern TV's even after hours of use. The Xbox kicks out a hell of alot of heat compared to any other games console Iv'e owned.

Since getting a wall hung LCD TV and putting the Sky box and 360 in a cabinet I sometimes get a disc error message after a few hours of use. The cabinet has holes in the back but the ambient temperature inside is noticabley quite warm. Turning the 360 off for a few moments before restarting solves the problem and works fine again for a few more hours.
The extra fans help prevent the overheating issue for 360's in cabinets according to 360 forums.

coupe-se said:
I was planning on fitting a cooler to my 360 as its housed in a TV cabinet. Did the fault clear when you removed the cooler????

My local games shop has a cooler fitted to the shop demo 360 which is on all day, 7 days a week. Its been running with one for months ...... I asked about one and they said that their shop machine never overheats or crashes with the cooler fitted.

Its runs ok now just make sure the connection is proper on other wise it will show errors its the same link which rickparmer has put up the nyko 1. does get noise but works for hours of hasell free gaming specially when you are live it can get very addicting.
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1138504/Nyko_Intercooler_360/Product.html

Cheers mate .......... just ordered one, can't go wrong at that price!!:salute:

doesnt over heat if well vented.

the nyko was reported to cause a fire hazzard, burning at the power socked.

'circle of death' read lighs is caused when the main board heats and expands causing the board to pop, this makes the CPU pop out of its slot slightly.

if its out of warrenty is worth opening and removing the heat sink and pushing the CPU back in.

coupe-se said:
No ......... BUT ..........

Never had any issues at all when it was on one of those fancy glass stands that come with modern TV's even after hours of use. The Xbox kicks out a hell of alot of heat compared to any other games console Iv'e owned.

Since getting a wall hung LCD TV and putting the Sky box and 360 in a cabinet I sometimes get a disc error message after a few hours of use. The cabinet has holes in the back but the ambient temperature inside is noticabley quite warm. Turning the 360 off for a few moments before restarting solves the problem and works fine again for a few more hours.
The extra fans help prevent the overheating issue for 360's in cabinets according to 360 forums.

my new one seems not to get that hot certainly kicks out a lot less heat than my old shuttle box did - and a lot less than my new quad core pc i'me building but it is in a case with 6 fans the antec 900.

I had head that the newer ones are fabed using a smaller process which will inherently run cooler.

I had the same prob with mine , microsoft replaced it free of charge , that part now has a 3 year extended warranty , new one been fine, they replaced the machine within a week

Well ........ 10 months on from my previous post on this thread and my Nyko Cooler is still doing its stuff and my 360 is 100% trouble free. Even after hours of non stop use in its cabinet ....... no problems or errors.

My console seems to be one of the few original consoles not to suffer from the dreaded red rings and works perfectly.

The important thing with the Nyko coolers is to ensure they are clipped firmly to the 360 and that the supply plug is inserted firmly. If the plug is slightly loose the low voltage/high current that passes through it causes heat damage. Same with any electrical connector, a loose connection with cause overheating and heat damage will occur.