iPhone

Just another overpriced, overhyped and extremely well marketed apple product. There are better and cheaper mp3 players out there than the ipod, and the iphone is exactly the same.

Oh, I agree. There are better bits of kit out there to do the individual jobs, but you won't find one that has them all intergrated and running as smoothly as the iPhone appears to.

I have a reasonably powerful PDA at the moment and I ull my hair out at time with it. Running WM5 and it just freaks if you have more than 2 apps open, it hates multitasking. Based on Jobs' demo the iPhone transitioned very smoothly between the functions.

However there will be people that buy it simply because Apple make it or it looks pretty. Personally, I'll still want a demo when I buy one. If I don't like it then it gets fleeBayed. Let's face it, it's coming out in time for Christmas in Euro so demand is likely to outstrip supply.

well, i'll be getting one, the lack of 3g is a pain though, as by the time that the iphone (or whatever its called by then) is released most carriers should be offering unlimited data contracts like "three" are.

Why does everything that apple makes make me want to reach for my wallet? So far the shopping list consists of an appleTV (roll on feb) and a mac mini to store the lot on. I only stopped buying a macbook pro as i fell in love with a vaio, but still want a macbook pro.....

I'm getting one, purely based on the fact that I have an itouch (which is brilliant), and I like the idea of being able to make/receive calls on it.
I don't care that it hasn't got 3G (whatever that is), I don't care that it's camera is crap and I don't care that texting is difficult whilst on the move.

yeah yeah, I know... 'you just want it to make and recieve calls?' with the added benefit of music??

;)

i've had one for 6 months, love it.

i needed a phone that could make calls ok, get email on, surf the web easily as possible for ebay purposes mainly. and i used to get fed up carrying an ipod around as well.

the iphone, works as a phone should, which a lot of the HTC pda phones don't do partically well. ipod part is just that an ipod. email is pretty good, though couple of niggles that annoy me.

biggest problem i have is i can't sync my outlook at work as we run windows 2000 and latest itunes that support iphone, won't support 2000. also our IT policy will ok activesync, but itunes is a definite no no.

i miss not being able to have a built in gps reciever and tomtom installed, but google maps goes a small way to resolve this.

overall though i'm well happy.

yeah yeah, I know... 'you just want it to make and recieve calls?' with the added benefit of music??;)

The other way around, really.
I want an itouch that can make and receive calls.
The phone function is definitely secondary to the MP3/video capability.

Quick word of advice to anyone going for an iphone though.
Allow for spending money on earphones, if you want to use the MP3.
As ever, the standard Apple earphones are horrendously bad.
Just bin them, straight away.
Anyone you see still using the standard ones deserves a kick in the balls.:eiertritt:

yeah i bought some sennheisers?? for about £30 when i got it, i also use apple lossless instead of mp3 as i use itunes at home instead of cd player now, but i may get some better headphones soon,

The other way around, really.
I want an itouch that can make and receive calls.
The phone function is definitely secondary to the MP3/video capability.

Quick word of advice to anyone going for an iphone though.
Allow for spending money on earphones, if you want to use the MP3.
As ever, the standard Apple earphones are horrendously bad.
Just bin them, straight away.
Anyone you see still using the standard ones deserves a kick in the balls.:eiertritt:

Ah, ok... you dont sound like the wife then! ;)

I agree RE the headphones... why is it that they ship such **** headphones? I got some shure se530 inear noise redux ones which are fricking great... especially on planes, trains and automobiles. Granted they arent the kind you will get free with anything, but even the other low end sets you get sound better than the standard apple crap. :thrashi:

only one worth considering was the Bang & Olufsen. I would have been happy with that

I bought a B&O serene, £850 and I was epecting big things from it. Load of rubbish. Really, really disappointing phone. It didn;t do anything well apart from looking nice and the motorised flip part was cool I suppose.

I replaced it with a cheapo nokia.

J.

I Phone or Samsung Omnia Which prefer or which advice to me?

I want to buy Iphone, but ı can' t decree.

and they cant even send a picture / mms message, useless.

i dont rate the iphone at all, its another product like the ipod, its ok at what it does, the rest is just the 'need' 'want' factor that apple is very clever at creating ;)

i dont rate the iphone at all, its another product like the ipod, its ok at what it does, the rest is just the 'need' 'want' factor that apple is very clever at creating ;)

Each to their own, as regards me, i love my iphone, got it unlocked, and its amazing at some of the thing you can use it for.

i used to use vnc viewer at work, and i could log in using my iphone. Also i can send and recieve mms... pictures... Use just look for the applications via itunes or cydia. However it seems to be easier to use(mms) if your on O2. Thats what ive found anyway.

Iphone FTW!!!! :)

:arco:

I've just bought my first Iphone (3G). You could say that i'm a bit of a phone freak and have had most phones, Orange SPV's , HTC, Nokia, LG, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Motorola etc.....

The Iphone is the best phone i've ever bought. The HTC Diamond the worst. I had a diamond as my last phone, contract is not even up yet so i'm fluent with both handsets.

Anything running Microsoft Windows Mobile seems utter pants in comparison. The menu's are quirky icons out of date, and the whole idea of Windows Mobile seems like a dated OS (windows 98). I mean the functions are there, menu's within menu's within menu's lol. Calls are fairly hard to make, as is the overall setup of the phone itself.

HTC's touch flo add on for the GUI is ok and makes the phone nicer to use, but going between menu's and using the phones capabilities mean that the touch flo's system is not replicated throughout the entire phone. A shame as it does look kinda nice and sleek.

For me there's nothing like the Iphone's menu's and ease of use. Such a nice thing to use as are all apple's inventions. I don't think i'm bias either way, i'm an IT manager so get my hands on a fair amount of gadgetry but they are all hard to use. Iphone is simple, fast and hasn't crashed on me once yet. Lol.

I was waiting for Orange to bring the Iphone onto their network but i think looking at web info this is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I've downloaded loads of apps already and paid for a good few too. Well worth the little money spent to make a great phone a fantastic phone. The apple remote lets you connect to music library (itunes) using wi-fi. Just like you would if you were sitting in front of your PC/MAC. Change track, volume, browse artists etc......amazing i thought!

Next on my wish list is an iwood to protect the phone. Check it out.

https://www.miniot.com/miniot/iphone.htm

G