Sony Ericsson W850i

I'm torn between the W850i and the samsung D900. I tried a mates D900 on orange in my car and its works perfectly with the RNS-E, but the one from O2 doesn't. I need to try an 850i. What's the batt life like? I'll go for the black one if I do, don't like the look of the white.

got a 850i myself, nice fone but on my second one now, wouldnt charge up after couple of months and my mates one , buttons stopped working, hope this second ones gonna b ok ? or straight in the fire !

I have the w850i its a good phone but after using it for a few weeks ive gone back to my w800i as the camera's better and its easier to use. The only issue i have with the w850i is that when you slide the front back down it doesnt cancel what you were doing like most other phones do. My k800i has an amazing camera but is a bit bulky !!!

k800i is very bulky, the camera for still photos is amazing. But for videos there has been no real improvement.

tbh i stil prefer my d750i(k750i) it had a good camera, simple fone, was quite small and best of all it had a small camera light on the back. Which was very useful

W850i also looks kind of big, but i thought that the camera was exactly the same as w800i/k750i

The camera is supposed to be the same as the 899/750i but ive found that it doesnt take quite as good pictures.The w850 does look big but compared next to the w800 there is hardly any difference !!1

W850 is the same size as my k750 near as damn it. The k750 had to go as the control stick had a mind of it's own and was doing my nut. That's why i didn't go for the cyber shot one. I think the reason it doesn't cancel is so if you go into the address book the long way to call someone you can still slide the phone shut and keep on using it, or pause part way through text's etc. Could be completely wrong like. Like the phone though.

Anyone got a 950i? i like the look of those. thinking about getting one when my contract runs out.

Apparently they have sorted out the joystick probelms on the new sony ericsson phones,the k750's and w800 are prone to go faulty i have fitted about 4 joysticks into peoples phones since christmas !!

951 said:
Apparently they have sorted out the joystick probelms on the new sony ericsson phones,the k750's and w800 are prone to go faulty i have fitted about 4 joysticks into peoples phones since christmas !!

I hate my W800 with a passion - it has a poxy little screen and it really ****** me off how the camera keeps switching itself on in my pocket or when i put it down on my desk etc... plus the joystick keeps falling off like you say and i've now given up giving it to vodafone who have to send it off to get it fixed.
It's just a crappy orange gimmicky phone which i should never have got as i'm stuck on the 18 month contract.
I've put my sim back in my S700i which i absolutely love!

I'm waiting for the Nokia N95. 5 Megapixel camera, built in satnav, have a look on nokia.co.uk and prepare to want one. Due out any time.

AndyCollins said:
I'm waiting for the Nokia N95. 5 Megapixel camera, built in satnav, have a look on nokia.co.uk and prepare to want one. Due out any time.

i cant wait for this phone, butttt

O2/vodaphone are getting it in a april

not sure about t-mob

june/jully orange will receive it and thats if it passes testing.

its going to be a very expensive phone