Second Sky box

Stringster

Missed gear
Reaction score
Looking to add another box for the bedroom. Is the best way to do this to change to a 2 output LNB and then feed to a second Sky box ?
Seen the LNB in Maplins and watching eBay for a second box...

Depends whether you actually need a seperate box, as you can get adapters that allow, you tune in your TV to that box, and change the channel on the downstairs box from the comfort of your bed.

Otherwise I'd say yes, feed a second Sky box!

you'll also need 2 cards, sky won't supply you with these for free, you'll need a multiroom subscription which is another tenner a month, and both boxes need to be connected to your telephone line so that sky can poll them to make sure you haven't given 1 to your mate down the road who's getting all the same channels as you for a tenner.

Sky don't advertise the fact but you can get something called a free to air card (they do charge a one off fee of about £15 for the card) which gives you all the free stuff ie BBC1/BBC2 etc.
When I switched to HD in June I used my old box in my main bedroom and got this card, the big downside is that all the good stuff is on the pay channels but it does the trick for the few times I've watched TV in bed.

Can only rermber it switching back off once, ended up having to unplug it from the wall/taking the card out before I could get it to switch back on.