Pop ups

Rev-head

Reaction score
Have got this pop up coming on screen that by-passes the firewall and cant seem to source were it is hidding in my files

Any ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What sort of pop is it?

Check your msconfig startup and make sure thers nothing starting in the registry from startup.

msconfig startup how do i check this?

Just little pop up in the corner of the screen every now and again think it must of got there when i tried to download fish tank screen saver i think

I cant get mine to even stir at this time of night after several pints of beers let alone pop up

Can you not sleep man ........3.44am posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe you should try and install the yahoo toolbar which aint too bad this has a pop up blocker and a antispyware scanner. Just go and install and update then run the program ...couldnt be easier.

[ QUOTE ]
msconfig startup how do i check this?

Just little pop up in the corner of the screen every now and again think it must of got there when i tried to download fish tank screen saver i think

[/ QUOTE ]

using XP, goto >START>RUN> type in "msconfig" without "" (lol) and goto startup tab, this shows what programs are running in the background, by unchecking the boxes will disable programs on windows bootup

Use firefox thats really good at getting rid of popups