LCD advice.

oldlaw

Reaction score
I`m looking to buy a 32" lcd tv. under £1400. Any of you guys got any good
suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Philips 32" - 32 PF 9830

For a little extra mate this is one of the best of not the best 32" LCD screen you can get for that sort of money. Have a read!

Linky

[ QUOTE ]
I bought myself one of these.... 37" Philips

....... and lovely it is too!!

A decent 37" well within your budget mate!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No HDMI connection, component nor Composite video input???

[ QUOTE ]
Try this site - I found it v useful when shopping around.

http://avforum.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

yes very good advice, i use it too

I came across that av forum a while back some really good stuff on there.

p.s. C_Audiboy how can you buy a HD tv which has no HDMI socket! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
This is exactly the thing i'm trying to get through to people....... people are getting all caught up in the hype of HD and they go out buying blindly. So many people have bought screens probably costing a couple of grand and they will be useless in 2 years or so! There are very few screens on the market at the minute which can even show broadcasts in True HD 1920x1080p. These first screens will have technology which will be improved on in a few months so my advice is wait until the end of the year or early next year before getting a screen and by that time the market will be so flooded with screens the price will have dropped and you could maybe save yourselves a couple of hundred quid!

Just trying to help.... rant over!

Try this months which mag as they have rated loads of plasma and lcd's about 3 or 4 pages, might be on there website BUT according to which mag, samsung are bringing out a CRT hdtv later this year so if samsung can do it the others will follow, think which said that its due september

I was in Miami over xmas and you wouldn't believe how cheap HD TVs are over there - you're talking less than $1,000 for massive 57" HD TVs and almost half that for reasonnably sized ones!!! Rip off Britain.

[ QUOTE ]
I came across that av forum a while back some really good stuff on there.

p.s. C_Audiboy how can you buy a HD tv which has no HDMI socket! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
This is exactly the thing i'm trying to get through to people....... people are getting all caught up in the hype of HD and they go out buying blindly. So many people have bought screens probably costing a couple of grand and they will be useless in 2 years or so! There are very few screens on the market at the minute which can even show broadcasts in True HD 1920x1080p. These first screens will have technology which will be improved on in a few months so my advice is wait until the end of the year or early next year before getting a screen and by that time the market will be so flooded with screens the price will have dropped and you could maybe save yourselves a couple of hundred quid!

Just trying to help.... rant over!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the info. It's got DVI but I take it that wont be any use then???

Ahh what the hell....... I'll just need to put that one in the bedroom and buy another when the time comes!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Try this site - I found it v useful when shopping around.

http://avforum.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

jist lookin through it now, have you checked out the home cinema pics?

eg this one

Seats with tactile volume control, Doorlock with fingerprint scanner................

I can get all this for under £1400. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

aye sorry went off topic there. just thought it was cool.

Would love that system but my budget doesn`t allow it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

32" LCD for under £1400 is easy.
JVC LT-32DX7
Just won a few reviews in T3 magazine and another I forget.
In my opinion,the best looking LCD out there,mainly because of it's hidden speakers.
I like the fact all you can see is screen.

[ QUOTE ]
You should be able to connect HDMi into a DVI socket - don't know why they bothered with coming up with another new connector as DVI (the full version) should cover everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manufacturing cost i wud assume.