Motorola

TQS

Reaction score
Has anyone got or used the new Motorola SLVR phone? I got one last week as an upgrade and am thinking about sending it back (keypad too small, no stopwatch/timer, crappy screen although great size and weight)

There seems to be nothing really worth having on the market these days or am i just being a bit too picky?

The only one that seems to be any good is the new Orange SPV but then again, I'm tied into Vodafone for a good while yet.... any views?

I got the Motorola V3X at start of the year. Keypad took a little getting use to which i believe is the same or very similar to the SLVR....don't mind it so much now...nice phone though.

I'm thinking of upgrading my V3 but was looking at the pebl till Vodafone told me they weren't doing it. Maybe I'll wait a little or just get a V3X or V3i. Any signal problems with V3X?

No signal problems with the V3X and i'm contracted to 3! DONT get a pebble my mate has had 2 of them and aparently alot of people are returning them due to faulty software so give that a swerve definately...think he ended up with a Nokia N70 in the end. V3X is a very good phone though cant really fault it.

played with a pebl at the weekend. man, its a sweeeet looking phone... the finish is something else.

what is the software problem, so i dont buy a lemon?

[ QUOTE ]
played with a pebl at the weekend. man, its a sweeeet looking phone... the finish is something else.

what is the software problem, so i dont buy a lemon?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pebl is a nice looking phone but my mates kept switching itself off.....so they gave him a new one and that did the same.....aparently the guy at the shop said they had already had over 60 customers coming in complaining about it! Motorola deny anything is wrong and said basically any bugs would be ironed out with a software update.

aah software update... that ol chestnut.

my w800i and k750 have been through more software updates than charges (OK perhaps not)... each one fixes one thing, and then creates another....

I think i'll stil get a pebl, they look sweet...

well, Vodafone are collecting my SLVR tomorrow and dropping off a nice new W800i. I quite like the fact that's it's light and should have most or more functions than my old S700i - main draw back is the orangeness of it but hey... if i don't like it they said that i can send it back and try something else!
I may wait for the Samsung D800 to come out or failing that just see out my contract with Vodafone and jump ship to Orange for their new SPV....
Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

im looking for a w800i for the wife as I think they look abit girly imho.

so anyone got one going ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeez - that's a bit pricey! I generally get away without paying (somehow) when I upgrade.... the corporate line from Vodafone when I asked why they didn't have the D800 available was that they "like to wait and see how reliable a phone is before adding it to the inventory so as not to get inundated with returns"

My @rse!

All I want is something smallish and lightweight with decent functions and from Nokia - apparently, the woman I spoke to at Vodafone said mobile phone companies are putting their resources into 3G technology at the moment which I'm not too interested in at present.

TQS - 3G phones are starting to make more of an impact in the market but the 3G network hasn't taken off as the operators had hoped mainly due to the size of the 3G handsets (I've worked for Orange, T-mobile & O2).

I've put another link below, this shows most of the phones available now as well as those coming soon (I think it's one of the tabs on the top).

Im in a similar position to you as i'm looking for a new phone at the minute, i've got my eye on the new nokia N91 - it looks great but it won't be out for a couple of months and the price tag expected to be circa £300 - too much for me personally.

http://www.mobilesearchonline.co.uk/index.asp

I use 2 phones:

a 6230i for work and a pebl at the weekend

the 6230i is by far the better phone and one of the best I have had

not had any problems with the pebl but find it difficult to use compared with the nokia.

had a 3G phone on 3 when they first came out and hated it it was absolute garbage. will only go to 3G when I have no other option. hopefully by that time orange/voda will have sorted it by then.

I've got a 6680 on 3. Never have any problems, software or otherwise.

Don't alway use the 3G stuff that's on it but then again, didn't choose this phone/network because of 3G anyway!

This site seems quite good, if you subscribe to it you get an email that tells you the latest phones that have been released, which network they're available on and the best deals the networks offer for that particular phone.

linky

3G won best network for 2005 i have been with them from more or less day one! I do agree at the beginning it was a bit crap but now it works as well as any O2, T-mobile, or Orange phone. I know the handsets are limited but that is changing with time and there are a decent array of handsets available now. You will not find another provider who are as competitive when it comes to package deals for the money. If you can then let me know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nope, agree here. 3 have the best prices anywhere for new customers, and their coverage is getting better all the time.

still with voda though, i've been with them so long, their prices are stil better.

I'd agree thet 3 have some of the best offers at the minute, theres one where they pay you for recieving calls, it has got a lot of the other operators really concerned at the moment.

only real drawback is that their network isn't as advanced as the other operators so theres more chance of you dropping a call on 3 than on say voda or O2

getting back on track, has anyone seen or used the nokia N90?