Sky InsuranceBadger5

Thread: Sound Bars

1st Gear

Status

Sound Bars

Any one ever had one? been considering buying one for my Samsung TV but dont know if its really worth it.I watch alot of films from my laptop plugged in via HDMI cable to my TV but the tv speakers dont seem upto scratch.Just want to see peoples opinions on them and if they are worth having

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Love to get some opinions on this 2... mainly music or films on the TV - just wondering whether a soundbar would be up for the job or if i need to spend a little more on something else
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleJangle View Post
    Any one ever had one? been considering buying one for my Samsung TV but dont know if its really worth it.I watch alot of films from my laptop plugged in via HDMI cable to my TV but the tv speakers dont seem upto scratch.Just want to see peoples opinions on them and if they are worth having

1st Gear

Status
    we've just bought a new samsung TV and we went for a 310 watt sound bar with it too. we were playing with the different options in currys and the sound from them is quite impressive! we watch alot of films and stuff and it really does make it alot better and more enjoyable. you'll be wondering why you've been without better speakers for so long!

as the TV's get thinner nowadays, the speakers/sound quality doesnt improve... :?
    B6 A4 Avant 1.9TDI Sport 130

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just bought the JBL SB400 which is by far and above the best sound bar for under £500.
    Richer sounds have it on offer @ £250 so well worth a buy. Loads of connectivity and the sound is truly unparalleled!!

Neutral

Status
    I have just bought/fitted a Samsung soundbar , I was £150 ish & I am very pleased with the sound & was very easy to fit

Neutral

Status
    I would second the JBL SB400...this has been given excellent reviews and would be my first choice as well,especially at this price.
    Alas...the layout of our livingroom makes it difficult to place the subwoofer in a discreet place , so tomorrow it's off to Richer Sounds to purchase the Yamaha YAS 101 soundbar which also has good reviews and is priced at £149.
    Nick.
    2002 Audi TT MK1-1.8T 225 (Quattro) Revo Stage 1|K&N S2000 Cone Filter|Milltek Catback|18"Nouvalaris|CRN Slotted Discs & Redstuff Pads|Private Plate|Engine Bling|QS Suspension|20mm/15mm TPI Spacers|Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

5th Gear

Status
    I have a Samsung Smart TV mounted on the bedroom wall and it's also lacking in the sound department. I was thinking of getting a wireless samsung soundbar to mount on the bed headboard. Can soundbars be placed behind the viewer?

Also do you need to have a subwoofer for them? I have seen refurbished ones on eBay cheap but without the subwoofer.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

5th Gear

Status
    Anybody?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

Reverse Gear

Status
    You don't need to have a sub. ( but I would deffo get one as the bars themselves tend to lack in the bass department.) they are great for mid and highs but not so much of the lows.
    And yes it can be mounted behind should be too much of an issue.

Bazinga

Status
    I've been looking at the Sonos playbar as I already have a Sonos speaker for streaming music and it's great.

The beauty about the Sonos is you can expand the system with more speakers and a sub woofer.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3ajy's Instagram Channel
    I have the sonos soundbar....masivly impressive (even without the sub) and as mention to way you expand your system is awesome....albeit a little expensive.

Saving up just now to get the Sonos sub and 2 no play 1's for the rear speakers.