Satnav mount

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I've got a Navman IC510, with the original windscreen suction mount. I quite fancy one of those mounts that clips over the centre vents. Does anyone know a good source for one of these?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks, Smudger. I'll sort one out, just as soon as I've found a new fridge/freezer. Current one packed up yesterday afternoon, just as Comet was closing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Have just ordered Brodit pro-clip (air vent version) & Brodit tilt-swivel mount for the Navman from these people. Dead friendly & very helpful in answering my dumb-a$$ questions. Total cost £46, delivery expected in about a week.

Handnav Linky

I used a brodit vent mount to fit my Desion Ice Link. Fits very well and mounts securely, although is still easy to remove if need be. Have seen a report in my local rag that theives are now breaking into cars when they see a sat-nav mount, on the assumption that the owner has simply stashed it in the glove box. If ever I'm leaving the car somewhere even remotely dodgy I remove the brodit clip and tuck it up under the dash.

The good thing about the B5 is that we have the three vents. The one on the drivers side can be closed independantly, so that you still have two open vents to let the air out of to keep you and the missus warm!

Cheers, Blokey. Am looking forward to getting the Satnav off the windscreen mount ASAP. I hadn't realised the driver's side centre vent was independent of the other two, as I've always kept them all permanently open. This gets better and better.

Arrived Friday. Fitted it in ten minutes. Then took the car down to my local ICE dealer, who fed the cigar lighter end of the charger cable up behind the dah, & hard-wired it to an ignition live. The instal is so much neater than having a widscreen-mount, & trailing a cable from the satnav to the console socket.

There's no problem with the signal even thought it's mounted lower down. I've been using it all weekend, & it stayed loacked on the whole time. I didn't even need to fold out the antenna.

Even the vent is still usable

Here's some pics.
Brodit2.jpg

Brodit1.jpg