Ripping DVD to mp3 anyone?

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Anyone know of any software that can RIP a DVD soundtrack to mp3?
Just trying to extract a couple of really good U2 concerts to CD, don't really want to have to record them real time

I have used Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper a few times. Does the jobCan't really comment on how well, as I only used it a couple of times and never used anything else, but it seems to work.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know of any software that can RIP a DVD soundtrack to mp3?
Just trying to extract a couple of really good U2 concerts to CD, don't really want to have to record them real time

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know on the technical side Andy, as I've never tried. Though you have impecable taste /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif went to see the Vertigo tour, Croke Park in June - AWESOME.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I bet it was, I'm not jealous!
I've only ever seen them twice on the War tour ('82 IIRC, yes I'm really that old). I don't like big venues (although you don't get much choice these days).
They played Brighton Top Rank and Portsmouth Locarno (both really small, like nightclub size venues). Tiny stage and at the front they were so close you could reach out and touch them, although this was frowned upon back then. Also they had the Comsat Angels supporting them (no one on here'll remember them) but they were superb as well.
Happy days! god I'm sounding like my dad!

[ QUOTE ]
I bet it was, I'm not jealous!
I've only ever seen them twice on the War tour ('82 IIRC, yes I'm really that old). I don't like big venues (although you don't get much choice these days).
They played Brighton Top Rank and Portsmouth Locarno (both really small, like nightclub size venues). Tiny stage and at the front they were so close you could reach out and touch them, although this was frowned upon back then. Also they had the Comsat Angels supporting them (no one on here'll remember them) but they were superb as well.
Happy days! god I'm sounding like my dad!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe. Yeah ur right about the big venues these days - Dublin was to 125 thousand. I'd loved to have the chance to see them in a small venue. At least you got to see them when they were 'true' and 'raw'...don't get me wrong I think they still have this unique attribute to this day! Making them such a good band.

Thought I'd throw a couple of piccies up for ya.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

It was so good, I wanted to go go and see the tour in NYC (another justified reason for a week in the big Apple lol), but the summer wiped me out of money and time off work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(sorry to have hijacked the subject guys)

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw U2 in August this year in Barcelona in the Nou Camp. Great concert, supported by Keane and The Kaiser Chiefs.

DSCN0548.jpg

ah yes - very good mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

we had Snow Patrol and ???the Radiators supporting??? Paddy Casey was supposed to be doing so, but switched nights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif grrr!

the real deal were of course superb anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif