Xperia Z

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had enough of Apple,have a couple of iPads an iMac an iPod three iPhones in the house,so am going for Sonys new water/dustproof phone.
I could have easily gone for the iPhone 5 but it gets sooo boring using the same phone,so I am getting one of these beauties.

"The Sony Xperia Z is the first “superphone” from a major manufacturer. With an incredible 5” 1080P screen, 13MP camera, 4G connectivity and quad-core processing power; the Xperia Z represents shape of the future of Smartphones.

Sony has packed the 2nd generation of their award-winning BRAVIA Engine technology to power the screen on the Xperia Z. This is the highest definition screen available in a smartphone today at 441 pixels per inch at 1080p resolution. This all comes within an fully waterproof casing, an amazing addition to this top-end smartphone.

The Xperia Z not only has technology and features that no other phone currently available can compete against, but it also runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, Jelly Bean.

In addition to being great on the inside, the Xperia Z is also a beautifully designed phone. Super-slim at just 8mm think and with a polished glass back cover, the Xperia Z looks as good as it works."

cool-story-bro.jpg

seen these in all the papers lately!
they look like a bit of kit.
i love sony products but never have considered a sony phone before, i always have had nokia phones, but like yourself with apple products, i am starting to wear thin of them now.
i am due an upgrade soon and would love to know how you get on with this! :sm4:
i was going to go for an i phone 5 but the robustness of the sony appeals to me!

The misses has the Experia S.
The screen is lovely and the camera is amazing. I might consider going back to Sony from HTC when my contract is up depending on what Sony and HTC has out at the time.
The mini HDMI port is a funky little extra we've used a couple of time, the soft touch buttons at the bottom can be a bit slow to respond to the point I find my self jabbing at the buttons to make any thing happen.
The lack of updates or the slowness of the updates is a bit of a pain. she's meant to be running Jelly Bean but there is no sign of it yet.

seen these in all the papers lately!
they look like a bit of kit.
i love sony products but never have considered a sony phone before, i always have had nokia phones, but like yourself with apple products, i am starting to wear thin of them now.
i am due an upgrade soon and would love to know how you get on with this! :sm4:
i was going to go for an i phone 5 but the robustness of the sony appeals to me!

You get an apple and we are done!!

I used sony/ericson for a long time, like 10 years or so and they were pretty faultless and durable. my other half had the xperia s, and not the xperia U (which was my spare till she dropped hers and it smashed to peices!)

I have had iphone 3/4/5 samsungs offerings and blackberrys. The iphone 5 imo is in another league to the iphone 4, despite only small appearances on the surface. One thing with the sony phones you may find you need to root and lag fix them, infact most androids need this. They are so laggy sometimes without it. My only hate with these phones is the 'app ' to make calls, the only bonus in the blackberry was it actually called and hung up when you told it to not when the app allowed it!

Smart phone though.

wait for the galaxy s4 , samsung has the most aftermarket support of any android phone gonna be a pwerhouse with that octacore cpu

Last edited:
wait for the galaxy s4 , samsung has the most aftermarket support of any android phone gonna be a pwerhouse with that octacore cpu
I waited for the iphone 5 and it was a disappointment so no more waiting for me

Xperia z is a nice phone but is bulky!! Its water resistant is a good feature, i work for o2 and we stuck it in a bowl of water for 20mins and was fine

Beautiful phone,bulky ? compared to my iPhone 4 its slimmer but taller,my hands are large so no problems one handed use,just getting to grips to the functions,them smart tags are good,slap a smart tag on your bedside table and the phone goes into silent mode or whatever you program that tag to do to it.
Battery dies quickly on the Z

Last edited: