Freeview boxes

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Not sure if these have been covered before, but I fancy getting one for my shop, as they are pretty cheap atm. Question I have though is, does the area need to have a good signal for one of these to work? I cueently can receive channels 1-5 through the standard antenna, but BBC2 and channel4 are a but fuzzy, as I'm based in a dip. These 2 channels get worse when it's raining outside, so if anyone can help, many thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

just had a thought jojo, is your aerial inside or outside. Tried mine on indoor aerial and it doesn`t pick up all channels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It's outdoor bud, but probably long in the tooth, like around 20 years old and due for replacement, see how it goes. Freeview boxes are approx. £30 at my local Tescos, so thinking about it.

you could always buy one from argos if you have one near you if its no good you could always get your money back.

dont read too much into the website either.

the website reckoned i needed a new aerial - i didn't

The website reckoned my parents couldn't get it at all - they could receive it fine.

these are both examples from norfolk though.

you've got to be careful though, as it's really funny with dips. My friend in Bath can't get it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
you could always buy one from argos if you have one near you if its no good you could always get your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might just that, at least test it and take it back wether it works or not lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

if u buy it from currys or something the'yll take it back no hassle if it dont work

when i got my pace digibox from argos they said it was non returnable if the box had been opened /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

btw the pace digi box was good until a software upgrade now it locks up now and then when looking at the tv guide.

Humax hard disk free view recorders are good but a little expensive i havent recorded onto vhs tapes in months, if your looking at getting one of these or similar make go for twin tuner, with the humax i click a programme and it records it even the wife sussed it out

I have a Topfield 5800 and can't say enough good things about it. It's pricey but it kicks the a*se out of everything else out there at the moment. You can record 2 shows at the same time and watch a 3rd live or recorded. You'll never miss a thing. In fact, I have so much recorded, I don't have enough time to watch it all!

Hi All,

I was told as a general rule of thumb re freeview reception possibilities and aerial compatibility that if you can get good Channel 5 reception from your existing aerial then a freeview should fit like a glove..If Channel 5 is a bummer for you then its Aerials R Us for you, I'm afraid