Sony Ericsson W800i

I've got the 750i and its great! Cant see why the w800 would be bad...

I've just got one it seems to be ok so far its easy enough to download mp3's aswell,still havent fully sussed it out yet mainly because i've been used to nokia's for the past 6 years or so.****** good camera to.

It looks ok in pics, in real life it looks crap, the orange bit looks rubish. if u want my advice, get the k750i in black, ive got it and its wicked, and looks much better and smarter then the w800i. only difference really is w800i has a bigger memory card, and a few extra mp3 features, but the 750i has better camera features.

I have gone from a 6230 to a W800i and have to say that I don't really like it.
I should have got the 750i or the 8800 I think, this thing is just gimmicky for me, and it looks cheap.

[ QUOTE ]
I should have got the 750i or the 8800 I think, this thing is just gimmicky for me, and it looks cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get on one of the popular mobile phone forums and ask someone with a K750i if they want to swap?

Maybe worth a try?

I can't see why some people wouldn't be interested in doing this.... It is a sort of free upgrade after all!

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the 8800, best looking/feeling phone in the world, but to use its absoulutly crap. Get the k750i, i don't think u'll be dissapointed. Out of interest, why didn't u like the w800i?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get on one of the popular mobile phone forums and ask someone with a K750i if they want to swap?

Maybe worth a try?

I can't see why some people wouldn't be interested in doing this.... It is a sort of free upgrade after all!

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously apart from a couple of things its essentially the same as k750i, but i think that when people see it in real life, they are put off by the orange, it really does look tacky, but in the pictures it looks really nice.

The K750i is a great phone! Easy to use, but not as child like as Nokia (cant stand them!) and ghas great features. The camera is brilliant!

RIch

^ yep think its the only choice really, there isn't a better phone out at the mo

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe worth a try?

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just going to get Vodafone to swap it over, I have 14 days to exchange it anyway.
I asked them to take it back the other day and they talked me into keeping it by giving me 700 minutes for the price of 400 and some silly amount of texts and messages. Now I have that in writing I think I will get them to come and swap it for a 750i. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if u get it from voda, make sure they don't give u their own branded one, which is in silver (it looks crap in silver) and the menu has been changed to the voda live one. occasionally they have some unbranded original SE ones in black, looks 10x better and also it has the standard SE menu on it, not the customised voda one. trust me the standard SE menu is much better

I've just got a W800i and had it for a week. I love it. I use an Apple computer and it syncs brilliantly, no hassles at all. And it works superbly as a walkman as well, good headphones and a good sound. I'm chuffed to ibts with mine.

oki, the definitive site for SE phones has to be:

www.esato.com

I've been a member of their excellent forum for years. You'll be able to read up on all the bugs in their whole range - and there are a shed load.

Beware though, it can get techy really quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

overall, the w800i is underneath it all, identical to a k750i, but read for yourself.

yea thats a good site, ive had 750i for about 4 months now, on one the cam fuc*ed up, but other then the occasionally crash there hasn't been any problems

I had the K750i for a week and took it back as it didn't work well with my in car Nokia Bluetooth kit (ck7-w) does anyone else use this with their k750i or W800 ? Comments please !

think the compatibility issues might be down to the car kit and not the phone, the k750i has one of the most versatile bluetooths around, haven't found any phone or device it won't work with, you can even use the k750i as a remote control for windows media player, and u can do remote desktop on it as well (if ur pc has bluetooth)

Well I swapped it over for a new phone today, just couldn't live with the looks of the w800, it came unlocked from Vodafone so I should have probably just sold it but wanted an easy life.

I could only get a silver 750 but that is OK and I don't mind it in the flesh, would have prefered all black but silver will probably stay looking fresher for longer, my 6230i looked shagged after 6 months, and the silver case I got for it still looks great.

Typical Vodafone though, delivered me a motorola V3 too, the driver said he would take it back with the w800 but as he couldn't leave me any paperwork to say he had taken it I still have it. He then said I bet they never even ask for it back!

I did have a W800i and it crashed about 10 times a day.
Camera function is slower than the K750i.
Too easy to open the shutter by accident with the W800i.
Battery life is awful!

so... I have sent it back for a K750i.

IMHO - get a K750i and a larger memery stick. If you like your music that much, you will already have an iPod.