Tablet Pc's. Whch are worth a look? Or is it just Apple ?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of a table
The problem is... ive no idea whats what... soo many out there,
It will be used for browsing , Ebay , Forum posting and the odd game ( not web based)
Today i saw samsungs, Sony, Kindle and ipads/ipad mini's
Can anybody recomend or rule out any of the big players?
Thanks
Paul

Paul, i use my ipad for most things and especially for moderating on here, I cant think of anything easier to use. the only real downfall of the ipad is the flash issue. Ipad comes equipped with certain apps including a youtube app, i would recommend it. Hope that helps. The new ipad mini is really good (thinking of getting one) the retina screen is amazing. Its just like a bigger version of the new iphone 5 . :) x

I'm in the same boat now Paul. I want something for watching movies on the plane when I go on holiday. I don't want to spend any more then £100 and I found this which looks like it'll do me:

Othello - Dual Core Android 4.1 Tablet with 7 Inch Capacitive Screen (8GB, WiFi, 1.6GHz) - GBP £ 69.96

I have toyed with known brands but I'm fed up with devices not allowing added storage where as the above lets you pop in a 32gb SD card. The only other Tablet that appeals to me at the moment is the nexus 7 (as i'm only after a 7" tablet) but I'd want the 32gb one which is £200.

I think I'll stump out the cash for the above and let you know what it's like.

I bought the above cheap tablet as the deal was about to run out and the price was going to head back up to £100.

I'll let you know what it's like when I get it. It does seem very promising and will do exactly what I need. Might be a super bargain.

Samsung galaxy tab 2 mate cheaper than ipad and does the same and some

The nexus 7 is probably the best 7" tablet out at the moment. The better specs than the ipad mini and half the cost! I if you want a larger tablet then either the ipad, Samsung, nexus 10(Samsung made) or Asus I reckon depending on the price you want to pay or if you have a particular OS in mind.
My choice was the nexus 7

I had a Galaxy note tab 10.1 but found it awkward to use - too big. Sold it and got nexus 7 which is perfect size but still prefer my laptop.

My other half has a ipad thing and I don't like it. I like Android but would consider windows tablet next.

I'm waiting on the Microsoft Surface Pro to come out sometime in the next couple of weeks - looks pretty good from what i have seen. Gutted that MS office isn't part of the bundle

The HP touchpad is not bad if you can get hold of one (Discontinued now but still get them on ebay etc...) Install androind on there and its a good alternative. Failing that the samsung galaxy tab 2 gets a thumbs up from me!

Well it's arrived.

First impressions are good. The quality is ****** good for £100 and the screen is nice and responsive. I did have issues yesterday with the OS (Android Jelly Bean 4.1) crashing all the time but I thin this was down to the version of Flash that had been installed before it was dispatched. I did a full factory reset and it's working fine now.

I mainly wanted this for films and music and both work very well. I've also loaded up some kindle books to read on it and that seems good too. Very happy for the price I've paid. Now got to work out how to use android and what apps are essential ;)