Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

My iPhone is wrecked :-(

I dropped it on the pavement this morning. When I picked it, fearing it might have a few scratches, I was horrified to see the screen was shattered right across. It still works, but the screen is a complete write-off.

Has anyone experienced something similar, and if so, how costly will it be to get fixed?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Check out YouTube for tips to replace the screen
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've just looked at a YouTube video. It's encouraging that the screen can be replaced, but no way will I attempt that myself. I don't have the dexterity or the eyesight for such fine work.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Sideways

Status
    I took my girlfriends in to a little shop and they replaced it good as new for £75. Had the back of my phone fixed at the same time, and that cost £15. It literally took 15 minutes.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by willowsdad View Post
    I took my girlfriends in to a little shop and they replaced it good as new for £75. Had the back of my phone fixed at the same time, and that cost £15. It literally took 15 minutes.
    Where was this? I'm not far from the Medway towns.

Sideways

Status
    A little shop in Maidstone, I think it was called sims4u.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    Apple charge around 130 as a last resort maybe if it's under a year old you could get a new one under warranty? From apple

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grale1 View Post
    Apple charge around 130 as a last resort maybe if it's under a year old you could get a new one under warranty? From apple
    That'll be my first strategy.

1st Gear

Status
    Unfortunately it's not a manufacturing defect, it's accidental damage.

Warranties won't cover that, if you have insurance on it, then put in a claim.

If not, just bite the bullet and get it repaired.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy View Post
    Unfortunately it's not a manufacturing defect, it's accidental damage.

Warranties won't cover that, if you have insurance on it, then put in a claim.

If not, just bite the bullet and get it repaired.
    That's what I did in the end. The Apple Store in Bluewater exchanged it for £119. I called my home & contents insurer who said they would meet the claim, but as I have a £100 excess, it wasn't worth it for £19.

Sideways

Status
    That's good business for apple, helps people with no insurance or warranty to replace their phones reasonably cheap. And I'm sure they make a tidy profit refurbishing the old ones and doing the same again.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    That's good business for apple, helps people with no insurance or warranty to replace their phones reasonably cheap. And I'm sure they make a tidy profit refurbishing the old ones and doing the same again.
    There is an unlocking kiosk on one of the walkways in Bluewater that offers to replace the screen for £74.99. But the phone is only seven months old, and I didn't want to invalidate the warranty.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    And now that I have bought a clear pvc skin to protect it, the phone no longer fits into my Brodit dash-mount!

Grrrrr!!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    NEW one lol

More like refurbished, rubbish.

I am on my 4th refurbished phone from apple after taking mine in with a problem less than 4 weeks ago.

Apple quality control is ****e!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

R-Tech Terrorist

Status
    I've replaced my screen twice on my old 3gs and once on my 4

The 3gs is simple but you have to use an iron to get the old screen off the digitiser, with the iPhone 4 you should get the digitiser with a new screen for about £20 off ebay and they're really good quality not too difficult to fix either

If you need any more info, message me.

Ben

1.8 litre porsche eater!

R-Tech Terrorist Squad - 265bhp & 275lbft

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Is that the back of your iPhone casing you mean? Mine has shattered and been meaning to get it fixed but hesitant as I didn't expect it to be so cheap...?