can you record a webcam feed on the pc?

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
my digital camera doubles up as a pretty good quality web cam...

..but can you record video on a pc somehow and save as avi or wmv files? there must be some bit of software that can do this but i dont even know what to search for.

basically i want to send some video messages to people but the card i have for the camera will only store 1 and a half minute of video and i need longer really.

thanks for any advice

did your camera not come with some software that allows you to do this? I remember a mate bought a digital camera and it had some software with it for d/loading and also recording.

It is possible though.

If i remember I will look into it for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rob

ah right...I very quickly had a look for ya - try this for a start, might be worthwhile? link I'm sure someone will have some software that will do the trick!.

let us know if it's any good!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You can purchase screen capture software. It's not quite the same as a direct feed, but basically u can record sections of your screen and capture the output to avi files.

It's used for creating trainning material and such like, but I guess it would do the trick.. Im not sure what the quality of playback would be like for a camera tho, maybe 10FPS. Might be adequate for what you require.

Google "hypercam" might help.