USB Pen hard drives

Naresh

Reaction score
Does anyone here use the USB pen drives and can you use them to store your mp3's on and play at work through the windows media player on your desktop without any problems? If you can, are they accessed as quick as if you're playing off a CD or the desktop internal drive?
I was thinking of getting a 1GB one as they're so cheap now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yep use mine all the time, but it's not a hardrive it's just a chunk of RAM so the speed should be quicker than a hardrive, but obviously speed of USB will dictate.
You can buy some that are MP3 players with a little headphone socket.

I've had mine for a while now. It's only 128mb, & it cost me more than I'd pay now for something with ofur times the memory, but I love it!

I have a 128MB for storing small files and documents that I can tranfer from home to my PC at work and vice versa. I used it to replace floppy disks. Its fast, versatile and reliable (I've not had any issues yet). Its not as fast as your hard drive, but for me it doesn't have to be very fast unless you're tranferring huge files.