I've gone and done it this time!

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Went out and got the family a IMac all singing and dancing, only thing is i got loads of stuff to take over from the old PC to it via a external HD, Then work out how to use it! Its my 1st Mac !

Can I wifi all wanted data ovre ?
Any Tips ?

21.5-inch: 2.5GHz

• 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • 4GB (two 2GB) memory
  • 500GB hard drive[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB

Paul,I'll move this to tech section,I'm interested in this as I fancy one seeing as my desktop blew up.

My Mrs bought me that system for christmas. You can wi-fi things across, bluetooth too. You create a folder with it all in and send the folder across. Other thing you can do is put it all on a pen drive. Don't forget to import all your internet favourites too.

You will need applications such as pages (apples version of microsoft office word). They aren't without their faults, but I wouldn't go back to PC now.

They aren't without their faults, but I wouldn't go back to PC now.
I have scoured the web and all I read is rave reviews,company bonus will pay for it :)

Last edited:
When I said that, the thing that sprang to mind was address labels in 'Pages'. There isn't anything in pages to print labels, unlike MS Office Word that has labels as an option. I had to download a template from the Avery site, and then its still a bit of a mess on to print labels. The other thing is, there doesn't seem to be quite as much software available as there is for Windows, but then again I haven't found myself wanting for anything.

Installing peripherals is a dream though. I plugged in my printer and a box came up saying 'Do you want to install drivers for HP Photosmart.............etc' YES or NO. Clicked on yes and the box disappeared then nothing happened. After half an hour I thought well what do I do now. So I looked in the system preferences at printers, and there my printer was, installed, little green light denoting it was ready and it was even marked as default. Brilliant.

If you have an iphone4s and I do, iCloud is great. I take a picture whilst out somewhere. When I get home and go on the iMac, its on there. I add a new contact to my phone and it is immediately on the Mac. I bookmark a page on my phone.........you get the idea lol.

Get one, you won't go back to PC. Oh and it takes about 3 seconds to shut down lol

I got the Office mac WPX home & student package too, still getting used to the way it works, its smooth to run, its got some interesting ways of doing things, just nned to work it all out really, but there is one thing for sure, im so glad iv got it now.