Chris NottAH Fabrications
    imported_Yaseen

New Nokia phones

Don`t know whether to get the one with 2 mega pix to take better car pics or the other with 4gig hard drive and hook up to the headunit when in car instead of Ipod etc!!

Out summer/later this year.

Click here

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: New Nokia phones

the 4 gig one looks good put all your music on it and if your feelin energetic u can use it dor goin on runs..
    also the vid camera looks good aswell though with the carl zuis lens.
    im out of contract know and lookin 4 a phone might get the sony camera one that turns round.

Uber Post Whore

Status

These new Nokia's look like their gonna kill the i-pod. Can store 3000 songs, i don't think i own 300 songs!!!

Anyone know how much for the UK market.

1st Gear

Status

I think I may know a man who does. I'll find out some info and post details

4th Gear

Status

no way will the kill the ipod

look how many mp3 players have come out to rival the ipod... the sony mp3 is a pretty good option... better battery and better memory but the ipod is still the market leader as it is so much cooler!!

apple will continue to sell twice as many ipods as other companies as they have their marketing stragey worked out so much better

5th Gear

Status

I think they will be popular but won't rival the ipod, it has too much of a following and too many uses i.e in the car, as a stand alone stereo etc.

plus i wouldn't be suprised if apple had a few more tricks up their sleeves with these colur ones being launched.

however, trying to combine all the gadgets we seem to run around with these days can't be a bad thing.

Mike

5th Gear

Status

off topic - compare ipod with rio carbon.
    ipod is for the fashionista's. crap battery. uses .m4u format, i could go on.
    so ipod is not bought because its best product.
    so nokia doesn't need to be best product to replace ipod either.. but i dont think it will

as for combining everything - not thanks. make it modular and connect to each other (via bluetooth or wifi) so i dont have to carry everythign around all the time and i would be very happy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

still my contract is up end of may but i'm gonna wait for the new nokias as they are the dogs.

imported_Yaseen

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

as the yanks like to say [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

If your gonna get a phone make sure its a smartphone. May be a bit bigger but well worth it. Symbian is ace.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

It's not just the player though, is it? It's also about the software, and iTunes is light years better than any other software I've seen bundled with MP3 players

3rd Gear

Status

I have gone from an ipod to a sony HD5 and prefer it, use sonic stage to organise and transfer and seems to work great. Also prefer the way I can upload tracks to the HD5 at home and then tranfer back from the unit onto my pc at work or friends machines.
    Also Left the player in my car on Friday and went out to it tonight around 8pm and it was still playing with 25% battery remaining! The ipod would have been dead by saturday morning.
    Also it is so nice to listen to mix cds and not have an annoying gap between tracks.