Slimline wall mount options for a 22inch LED

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
We're finally getting our digital TV signal here on the 8th / 22nd Feb :thumbsup:

About time considering we currently have no digital signal at all and can't even get Channel 5 through the analogue signal (you may point out I'm not missing much, but they do show Police Interceptors!). As a result, I've had Sky then Freesat HD in the lounge powering a 32 inch JVC LCD HD; but kitchen and bedroom have up to now been covered by a 26 year old 14 inch CRT / 18 year old 21 inch CRT - but not for much longer.

I've got two Samsung UE22D5003 LED TVs arriving on Thursday, got them for £150 a pop courtesy of a sale at eBuyer and Quidco/credit card cashback. I'm going to put both of them flat on the wall and would like to mount them as closely as possible. This is of most importance in the bedroom as it will be in a place where it will be walked past so I don't want it sticking out far from the wall as this will increase the likelihood of it getting knocked.

Doing a bit of research it seems that I can either use the traditional fixed metal plate or one of these cable systems more akin to hanging a picture on a wire. As the TV is very light (claimed 3.5kg), that's not an issue. However I'm uncertain whether the cable system might be more susceptible to movement if knocked. So looking to see if anyone has used the cable system and got any feedback?

Oh, and I'm aware that these TVs have a problem with HDMI inputs being straight out of the back - that won't trouble me as I'll just be using the coax and power leads.

Thanks for your help.

Update - bought a slimline bracket mount from eBay for £5.75 delivered and stuck the tv on the bedroom wall today. Really pleased, back of the TV is about 10mm off the wall, so the front of the TV only sticks out by 47mm.

As the wall I've mounted it on backs into the airing cupboard, I've stuck the wires through the wall, into the airing cupboard and up into the loft where I can access power and the aerial feed.

Not the best photo in the world, but gives you an idea...
P1010146.jpg