EM TuningSky Insurance
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Problem with streaming music from a pc to a network player

I've just bought and set up a Marantz NA7004 network audio player. After a little bit of faffing around, I managed to add it to my home network, so that it could "see" and play music files that I already had on my pc. I then ripped some new music to the pc using iTunes, but the Marantz doesn't see the new stuff, only what was already there when I set it up.

If I try to play the new stuff from the pc end, using Airplay, it's fine, but if I try to navigate to it from the Marantz's end, it just doesn't appear in the menus.

Anyone got any ideas, cos this is baffling me?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Jeff, do u know if your Marantz has a build in media server such as Twonkymedia. I only ask as my Qnap NAS drive has Twonkymedia on it and at first when viewing the files on my WDTV live media player connecting to Twonkymedia server on NAS, it would not display the newly added files. This was because on the NAS, Twonkymedia had not refreshed the libraries hence new files were not there. When i went into the settings of Twonkymedia it was set to refresh every 10mins, however if you set the value to -1 it monitors changes to folders and adds them in real time. You properly have something similar on your media player.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    No idea, Bluespark. Will check it out, thanks.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Didn't manage to find Twonkymedia, but found Airplay instead. I'm using my iPhone to send music from the pc to the Marantz, and now everything is visible.