ARCHOS pocket video player

lmankins

Reaction score
Yeah, the wife bought me M3*** (My company initials) from DVLA for £250. Up until then I had thought that personal plates were the height of naffness - and indeed I think that the contorted ones still are...
E.g. I saw C10UPE or similar the other day on a 330 Cab for gawd's sake!!

I have to say though, that a reasonably legal personal plate really does enhance the look of a quality car - better than FH53ZXD anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bmw.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I got M30 *** on my new M3 which at 250 quid from DVLA seemed a better option than a 53 plate version....i dont like the ones that spell names though

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have the £250 in my pocket and a 53 plate on my car.
can't really see the point in wasting your money on a reg that pretty much needs to stay on a car...Especially a M30 plate (I don't think BMW have done an M30 yet) or a plate that the police will nick you for.

IMO, just the non dated plates are worth sticking on a car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile2.gif

I saw something a bit embarrassing earlier - someone had a regular plate like L 902 MHX on an E36 316 or the like.

They had changed the spacing to be L9 02 MHX.

Of course you get so many 02 plate E36's...

http://www.****.co.uk

I saw a lass yesterday in a black M3 with M3 3REW or similar. She didn't seem to be concentrating on driving so I hope it was her M3!

has any one got one of these, ive just bought one, and im after some advice when recording films etc, Whats the best way to do it as recording straight from source but this will take more space etc, how do i convert into avi format? and can you use them on planes? Any advice would be helpful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Ive got an older AV380 one.. 18months or so..

The films ive ripped onto it have all been through the video connections it comes with, direct from DVD, rather than moved from PC.. and have all been with very good results! yes it takes up space, but hey, it just works, and you can get so much onto it.. To be fair, its ended up used far more for music than for video, with masses of MP3s on its 80GB drive! just occasionally now, my daughter will watch 'Nemo' or something like that on it!

must play with it a bit more.. thought it would be relegated as have just got a new 20GB ipod too, but the sound quality on the archos is STREETS ahead of the ipod.. so ipod has gone to my son and I shall keep the good gadget!

2 best buys to go with it: the Piel Frama leather case - worth every penny, top protection for the screen and has built in angled stand for when you are watching movies.. a mate has cracked his archos screen - you just dont want to do that! The other one: a pair of Sennhieser HX200 headphones, about £40 -folding, lightweight, and awesome sound - the archos works superbly with them!

You'll enjoy it, have fun! oh, and unless its one of the new ones with the built in camera, dont be tempted to buy the optional camera for it, its utter rubbish, and really lets down what is otherwise a fantastic piece of kit!

ScoTTy you star - I liked my Archos before, but now I think the fun is about to start!! CRACKING idea, just gutted it hadn't occured to me! The Archos fits so neatly in the drivers centre armrest, I really cant see vibration being much of an issue..

Big grin! can't wait!

oy hacz, I sorted you out with a laptop and wireless kit, what more do you want, blood?? tut, i dont know, some people.. you cant have my ipod. My boy will be v grumpy. Actually he doesnt deserve it either.

I'll consider it..

:)

Lol at IanL!

If you think Hacz is bad in a forum, you should meet him in real life!

Hacz - get back in your box. It just aint gonna happen man!

(man? hmmm...)

Interesting discussion
gayfight.gif

curry milk shake scotty ur stars thanks for help curry where do you get the stand/case from as archos says coming out soon.

scotty i was just being polite your post takes me to msg about tt porsche im lost and get very confused is it the right link?

Bainsyboy..

http://www.pielframa.com/indexeng.htm

They are fantastically made cases, for PDAs / everything.. hand made, soft leather, even the packing is fantastic..

http://www.pielframa.com/archos_av320.htm
It even comes with a little spanner, to remove the belt buckle stud if you're not going to use it.. (1st thing I did!) Stand doesnt look much but works really well.. and clips shut with the rest when closed..

I would view the case as essential, not cheap, but a hell of a lot cheaper than a new screen!

Some Piel Frama stuff comes up on ebay..

Hope this helps!

currymilkshake thanks they look real good but expensive, ive looked all over the site but cant find archos on there what do they come under on there

currymilkshake i have found the archos section didnt think of looking at mp3 player unfortunately my model not on there yet thanks for help though, they look top quality and like you said cheaper than new screen, must admit after playing with the unit all day really impressed sound is really good and picture really clear, dont think the wife appreciates me spending the $s on it but hey ill get her a packet of minstrels on her birthday to keep her happy.

[ QUOTE ]
scotty i was just being polite your post takes me to msg about tt porsche im lost and get very confused is it the right link?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Did you read it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It's all about the posters Archos that he's using as a camera system.

Ive no idea mate! I expect it depends on the airline - I'm sure Ive heard some will allow laptops etc again, I cant see how a player like this is a problem.. I know its got a processor and there will be a certain amount of RF leakage, but its got to be better than a lappie or PDA, with wireless / bluetooth etc going on.. Im sure they dont actually trust passengers to switch those functions off..

got email off airline nd they are ok to use, if any one else wondering/bothered

CurryMilkShake, i recorded some films and they went to a pre inatalled file in music, i moved them to the video file and now the buggers wont run as it says copy protected files must be played on the original device, all i done was copy from the music file and pasted into video, 4 hrs of vids now cream crakered, tried playing them on windows media player as wel but to no avail, Any ideas?

erm.. did you record them direct to the archos itself? Thats all ive done.. I know you can rip movies on a pc and then move them across but ive not done that.. never had that message, so not sure what to suggest! My lad has been starting to get into it, I'll ask him to have a play and see what he says!

currymilkshake thanks for advice, i tried archos today and ive got them baffled as all my recordings go into music file they told me to update firmware, so ill give that ago. HACZ stop crawlling your not getting his ipod so get up to dixons lol