Which Laptop ?

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I know some silver surfers who are after a laptop 3-400 pounds is their budget,any helpful advice.
Thanks

Cant go wrong with a Tosh I was always told Toshiba for laptops by the techies. Oh and yes I have a Toshiba which (touchwood) has been fault free for so far 6yrs.

Last edited:
Of the 3 Windows machines i've had to have over the last couple of years i'd say the Samsung was much better than the Dell and the HP, seemed to be far better build quality and a nice comfortable positive keyboard. The HP felt cheap and the Dell got very hot.

For me personally, I just buy the best processor that's in the price range, since I've never actually had a laptop fail on me(touchwood). I'm making this reply with a £200 emachines lappy, I'm using an Asus lappy at work. Prior to the emachines, I had a Toshiba satellite laptop, it's still working now, despite my son spilling a glass of milk over it, it fried the keyboard and CD drive, but I fixed it for 15 quid. I had a Sony Viao before my Asus, but that got stolen during a breakin at work a few years back.

Personally, I like Toshiba. My current laptop is a Toshiba, and i use it for games as well as normal everyday things.