Syncing iPad and iPhone from same account but want different things.

Kaibo

Reaction score
As per title, my iPad and iPhone both run off the same iTunes, haven't backed my phone up since doing my pad, my question is, how do you set different things to load on, for example, I have 2000 songs on my iPad but don't want that many on my phone, would rather not have to unchecked 1000 songs every time I switch between the 2.

Cheers Kai

My lappy can sync my iphone4 and my other half's one with seperate settings, it recognises they are 2 different devices with 2 different usernames.

Ok so I updated to IOS 5 last night and it did exactly what I thought it would, it put all my iPad apps on and tried to stick all of the iPad songs on as that was what I sync'd last, quite frustrating. There wasn't enough room for the songs to go on, now if I want music il have to go through all my songs and recheck what I want.

Kai

I updated my ipad to IOS 5 a few days ago, and only had trouble with my F1 app

You need to create a playlist called something imaginative like 'iPhone sync' and then in your iPhone setting in iTunes, on the music tab, you tell it to only sync that specific playlist. Put the music you want on your phone in that playlist, sync, done.

You need to create a playlist called something imaginative like 'iPhone sync' and then in your iPhone setting in iTunes, on the music tab, you tell it to only sync that specific playlist. Put the music you want on your phone in that playlist, sync, done.

:iagree: