Poor WIFI

Kaibo

Reaction score
Have wifi connection which I use on my iPhone and iPad, has always been quite usuable, but for some reason this last week it's very poor, my wired connection still works fine, just seems to be wifi that's struggling. Anybody have any ideas, is getting boring now, buffering really kills the mood :)

Cheers Kai

I sometimes pull the power on the router for five minutes.

try changing the wifi radio channel????

Have you updated your I device firmwares recently?

No, no updates at all, seems a little better today, if it gets worse il pull the plug for 5 like you said, thank you.

What router are you using, model number aswell?

Damn thats an oldie mate, sometimes chipsets in more modern devices have issues with older 54g/11b routers, not saying this is your problem mate, but I've had/have laptops that crash my latest released routers to the point of restarting them, because of a chipset incompatibility, plus mismatching of devices speed/rate/chipsets capability also causes issues, so if one device is using 11b, another 54g & another 11n as in 300mbps, then this can cause all kinds of problems for speed, range, connections etc.

What distance from the router are you trying to get to? As others have mentioned range can be cut by interference on the wireless channel being used, especially if you live in a built up area - try using channels 1,6 or 11 and see if that makes a difference. Outside of that its placement and the thickness of walls you have to worry about.