No iPhone 5 this year, instead an iPhone 4s

Moe-

Reaction score
Well that was a waste of wait....

are you suprised? even when they bring a new one out its about 3rd or 4th best upon release..... I honestly dont know why people wait for them - oh yeah i do, their marketting is brilliant!

Note: I know of three people who's '4's have over heated - I'll stick with my far superior Galaxy 2 :)

Reactions: slepy
are you suprised? even when they bring a new one out its about 3rd or 4th best upon release..... I honestly dont know why people wait for them - oh yeah i do, their marketting is brilliant! Note: I know of three people who's '4's have over heated - I'll stick with my far superior Galaxy 2 :)

wow anther android lover. I'm shocked.lol
there is already facebook statuses raving about this siri thing.

more things for fanboys claim is a apple first.

not android lover dude - the android system i can give or take same as i can apple apps - The phones that Apple make are you just well packaged piles of crap......seriously, every phone they have released theres always been better phones out there.

I have just got rid of my Galaxy 1 which had a comparable screen to the iphone 4, the Galaxy 2 just tears the 4 and 4S to shreds - it really is does kick the iphone all over the place. 1.2GHZ dual core processor, keep ya A5 and flush it ;)

Ha - my mate has been waiting for ages to upgrade his '4'! Not sure if worth while just swapping for the '4S'
Perhaps he should just wait even longer..

Yeah guys actually you are right, I've had an iPhone since day one when they came out.... And over time I've never payed any attention to others like the samsung, and when I've looked at the spec of the samsung it seems awesome... Could do with a change

Yeah guys actually you are right, I've had an iPhone since day one when they came out.... And over time I've never payed any attention to others like the samsung, and when I've looked at the spec of the samsung it seems awesome... Could do with a change
The trouble with being used to IPhone, anything else you try, whatever spec is better, it's not an iPhone.
I'd love to get away from Apple and their monopoly with iTunes but I love the phone, in 2 years of 3GS ownership not once have I thought; this needs to be quicker, this needs a bigger screen as it does what it needs to do.
At the end of the day this will sell because it's an Apple and sheep will follow. When my contract runs out I'm going to treat myself to a new screen and a new back, and stick it to Apple with my sim only deal ;)

I'm looking forward to the new OS 5 tbh! Happy days! My contracts up next year anyway for the 5, so I'm well happy anyway :laugh:

Same story here, upgrade not due for another 6 months or so, so was not that bothered about iphone5. Infact, I've got a smirk with all my mates anticipating it's release!

Haa not surprised,

In my opinion there's no android phone out there that can match, the only thing they beat apple on is the numbers (processor power, ram etc) and some have good screens, but it's all wasted on poor compatablity and rubbish os. Anything on the Market is now 'compatable with iphone', hifis, handsfree etc, until android phones can get in there and get the compatablity and features that apple does, I won't be buying one.

I don't think il upgrade though, my 4 has aged well and plenty of life in it yet.

haha compatibility with what? most link ins are via bluetooth or wifi, I have never had any issues linking with anything - I have many friends who have all gone against Iphone for lots of reasons, they have lost their edge which is why they are sooo down on market share- Android 46%!! iPhone 18%!!??

The samsung software in particular allows you to sync your Itunes - the only thing Apple now have is build quality and gimmics.

It may be that others have better processors and RAM (much better in most cases), but thats what makes a smart phone!! so it does matter!! its the brain of the phone for god sakes :)

Sooner you see you've been 'sold' a brand and wake up in the real world where the big three are pipping Apple, the better :) give me one thing the 4S beats my G2 on....there isn't one other than gimmicks, it doesn't come close, fact ;)

Couple of examples that I own is the alpine car headunit, obviously they are built for iPod, but connect to any other smart phone via USB, the features seriously lack, alot slower etc.

Also have scalarider bike intercoms which connect to iPhone to make calls and listen to music, tried it with some htcs and they just don't operate very well at all

Nothing just seems to work aswell as iPhones, and I can see why people don't like them, can't really customise them alot without jail breaking.

Il always give other phones the benefit of the doubt when I come to upgrade, but had a play of the s2 and other recent phones and they just don't compare, infact the s2 I played with was a but ****e, a day old and freezing going into the gallery.

The 4gs doesn't have anything major upgrade wise, but looks like it now has faster bluetooth and faster wifi connection, as well as a dual core processor and a shorter standby life?! So not really worth changing from a 4

Couple of examples that I own is the alpine car headunit, obviously they are built for iPod, but connect to any other smart phone via USB, the features seriously lack, alot slower etc.

Also have scalarider bike intercoms which connect to iPhone to make calls and listen to music, tried it with some htcs and they just don't operate very well at all

Nothing just seems to work aswell as iPhones, and I can see why people don't like them, can't really customise them alot without jail breaking.

Il always give other phones the benefit of the doubt when I come to upgrade, but had a play of the s2 and other recent phones and they just don't compare, infact the s2 I played with was a but ****e, a day old and freezing going into the gallery.

The 4gs doesn't have anything major upgrade wise, but looks like it now has faster bluetooth and faster wifi connection, as well as a dual core processor and a shorter standby life?! So not really worth changing from a 4

my s2 has over 30 games on it hd movies and shed load of music running 6 widgets at once. it has never crashed in the 2 months ive had it.

the s2 also has all those features plus more. 1080p recording for one. plus i can make a call without losing signal.

Apple is in decline. They've peaked and the only way now is down...

for the record everything is compatible with android with the right cable. ios cannot compare on that front

I see what ya saying, personal experience etc etc..... that said i've owned both Galaxies, neither froze or did anything they shouldnt, both were loaded with loads of apps that I added and both have equally been amazing - worth mentioning both hooked up to the Audi BT and parrot units without any sync issues what so ever. Obviously I can only talk from my experience but overall there is nothing faster than this phone out there......and i'd be shocked if the upgraded 4 is any better knowing how Apple are at upgrades.......

They really are dated and the little whizzy things on my S2 the Iphone cant do, such as pattern lock, swype txting - it also has voice control! Sure it hasn't got the icloud but if you look at the T+C's data not used within 30 days will be wiped!! lot of use that is!! (dont know the full ins and outs but a well known mag was talking about it)......

I love the Iphone for its build - they helped make the smart phone what it is today, but the other brands are just wiping the floor with it - my Galaxy 1 was better than the 4, my Galaxy 2 will be hard for any phone to beat including an A5 duel core'd Iphone

Isnt one of their latest gimmicks only in Beta form too? they are losing their grip and slowly the fan boys will move away once you give it a chance.

Saying that my only gripe is that Natwest haven't done an android app yet haha..... I have most of what i need though, paypal, amazon, sky, BBC, sky+,ebay, FB,F1,movie apps,youtube, g earth, tapatalk and photobucket to name a few of the well knowns :)

oh and the new iphone battery life is equal to what it is now apparently so the massive improvment comes from the battery life after they added the A5 chip it seems.....sales talk ;)

I've just had a look at the galaxy s2 and it's a wonderful phone, but what I don't like is the plastic casing which looks cheap compared to my iPhone which is that slick glass, and the screen resolution doesn't look as good as the iPhone screen... Overall my iPhone looks too nice, nice to hold too.. Maybe il just upgrade to the iPhone 4s.... Even tho I was waiting for the iPhone 5, I do think that looking at the spec of the 4s it would be worth the upgrade....

I agree on the casing.... although the second incarnation is better than the first and reckon its down to weight saving - the S2 is incredibily light! Depends what you want, 4S will 'do' if thats what you want, the crazy aspect comes when you have to pay for old technology which the 4S will be, it isn't the best spec even before the launch!

Screen res on the first Galaxy was arguably the same as the 4's screen, i remember reading loads of reviews at the time! the G2 has a better one than the G1 so I doubt its worse resolution

I really like the siri function on the iPhone, looks awesome..

I agree on the casing.... although the second incarnation is better than the first and reckon its down to weight saving - the S2 is incredibily light! Depends what you want, 4S will 'do' if thats what you want, the crazy aspect comes when you have to pay for old technology which the 4S will be, it isn't the best spec even before the launch!

Screen res on the first Galaxy was arguably the same as the 4's screen, i remember reading loads of reviews at the time! the G2 has a better one than the G1 so I doubt its worse resolution

The apple boys will never give in and admit its an inferior phone. I have a few mates that are the same and obviously each will defend what they have.

The apple boys will never give in and admit its an inferior phone. I have a few mates that are the same and obviously each will defend what they have.

I know mate - they are good looking bits of kit - its a bit like having a decent woman on your arm and trying to convince everyone she's not thick......they know she is, you know she is......but she can touch her nose with her tongue - a'la Siri ;)

Last edited:
I also have the S2 and the only thing I can see that apple beats it on is everyone writes apps for the apple and sell other equipment that is designed to connect straight to the iphone. Android seems to play 2nd fiddle to this. the sooner they realise android / other smart phones are out doing apple the better.

I also have the S2 and the only thing I can see that apple beats it on is everyone writes apps for the apple and sell other equipment that is designed to connect straight to the iphone. Android seems to play 2nd fiddle to this. the sooner they realise android / other smart phones are out doing apple the better.

The thing is, Android has made massive strides in the past 24 months..... like you say, as soon as some of the bigger firms lose this iphone mentality, the better....this will open the market up more and possibly mean more free apps for the remaining iphone consumers....much like they had to do with the MP4 locks on itunes, nobody else stopped you using their MP3/4's on other devices therefore Apple had to follow suit.

Personally theres only one app i want that i cant currently get on Android, probably why im happier than most :)

Come on let's all grow up, we're arguing over mobile phones, there really is no need, By the way I am completely unbiased.

Posted from my IPad :)

haha nobodies arguing at all.... I for one (probably the most outspoken on this thread) have expressed plus's and minus's for both...but its a fact, the internals of the 'new' iphone are below the top 3-4 phones on the market, possibly even lower..... cant argue with that kidda :)

I was only messing fella, saying I was unbiased, posting on my iPad while checking facebook on my iPhone :)

I love these discussions, very amusing.

Kai

I too love the banter, me and my mates are always having a go.

Tim, while you make compelling argument, the simple fact is, apple are king, and nobody would really care if the cofounder of samsung or htc died. Fact.

Posted on my iPhone, not android rubbish!

The person who should have the credit for the way we do stuff is whoever created MP3`s in the first place. Yes apple may have been the first with their gadgets but they have been supassed many times since.

^^^^ i agree and i also agree that Apple are responsible largely for the promotion of such things....

BUT and its a massive BUT - because mass production automotion started with Model T Ford's, I dont want to own a Ford for obvious readons ;) Apple no longer have the edge they created - they started losing that several phones back and now, the 4S simply is not a force to be reckoned with in the tech stakes, sure its more advanced than most phones but top of its line? not a chance in hell is it anywhere close to the the top few...... sorry matey, this isn't something im making up, its simple fact based upon s**t loads of evidence :)

I always thought the iPhone was the Audi of the smart phone world, the Galaxy and the rest of the junk being the Citroen/Renault comparables....cheap, has all the important numbers, goes as fast but rattles and squeaks in the process and only last until next Christmas.

So i'm not sure what all you flunkies are doing with Galaxies ;)

I always thought the iPhone was the Audi of the smart phone world, the Galaxy and the rest of the junk being the Citroen/Renault comparables....cheap, has all the important numbers, goes as fast but rattles and squeaks in the process and only last until next Christmas.

lol, good point

I like how some will 'pay through the nose' for their cars but not for their phones:sly:

haha, good point, i cant argue that other than i checked out the iphone and the Galaxy, both models (1&2) and both are still higher specced than the iphone 4 - I actually know more people who's iphones have broken down than i do Galaxy's :) that said I didn't know this until a few months after my first galaxy purchase - its just a better phone without a fancy case :)

lol, good point

I like how some will 'pay through the nose' for their cars but not for their phones:sly:

Still, as good as an iphone is at what it does, it's still a crap device for making calls with! I do like my iphone4 very much, especially in jailbreaked form, it's a great multimedia device! But to use it as an actual phone, it's not even in my top10, give me back my Nokia interface for making calls, I could do it all blindfolded!

Saying that, is it just a case that touchscreen phones are not great for making calls with?

Agreed on that JoJo, you can't beat one of these for making calls, battery life and being so bleeding bombproof IMO.

And to prove a point, considering these are old tech and pretty much nothing to write home about, they fetch a fair whack on eBay these days, seem to be quite sought after!

nokia-6310i-black.jpg

haha they were amazing phones!! I always tried to get away from Nokia but ALWAYS ended up going back, my best was the 3330 and the N95, one of their first Symbian attempts, brilliant phone!! shame Nokia have fell off a cliff of late..... I know people with the new Nokias who are less than impressed with reliability, useability etc.....

For reference the Galaxy 1 was a bit quiet on calls, the Galaxy 2 is a massive improvement!! Admittedly I havent used the Iphone4 for calling

Here you go ;)
294758_10150859827365562_783070561_21085165_1346748763_n.jpg

N95 was the last good phone Nokia made! I used mine for 4 years and still have it upstairs. The N97 mini I got as a replacement was rather **** and lasted a month before I put it back into it's box.