PS3 question, thinking of buying.

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
I think I want to get a PS3 160 slim for the dvd/blu ray aspect, gaming a little and for browsing internet, sometimes we need more than the one PC at home. I like the idea of the PS3 as there is its dedicated own channels and thought I could get a wireless keyboard so it can be used sat on the sofa.
Few questions before I order one:

Does it have enough ports so that a wirelss mouse can also be used or would i have to get a wirelss keyboard that that has a cursor pad built into it?

Is it really user friendly for internet browsing?

Plays youtube and runs facebook fine?

All feedback useful !!!

Thanks

I agree with Masterm8fo, the browser is pretty crap. That's pretty much the only major thing that lets the PS3 down IMHO.

You'd be better off with a netbook/tablet for surfing in front of the TV, that's what I do.

Other than that the PS3 is ****** fantastic!

Yeah it is crap for browsing with controller, but I reckon it would be ok if you can plug in a keyboard and maybe a mouse...

It's great for gaming, blu-ray, it upscales normal dvd's well and has good stream abilities like iplayer

i disagree with above tbh. if your after a games console with the use to surf the net then i would say its fine. not going to be good as a comp.

but stick in a wireless mouse and keyboard (has 2 USB ports) then its fine to use but thats IMO

I have a wireless keypad and it was the best purchase I ever made - and also have the bluetooth DVD remote for it.

If you are gonna buy accessories I'd certainly recommend genuine purchases over the GameWare stuff.

But as agreed - the browser ain't great - i only use it to quickly browse links that crop up in the 'What's New' section of the XMB. Defo agree with using a laptop/netbook for internet browsing. Much rather have individual gadgets for stuff like that.