Need some new speakers to improve standard TV speakers

doublem_1

Reaction score
I recently bought a samsung LED TV and its great, picture quality amazing. However the sound is very tinny and is very annoying. So, I would like to buy some speakers so I can enjoy watching films and TV etc.

The TV has optical, RCA and headphone outputs. I like the idea of a small 2.1 system so I can get some decent audio from blu rays. My budget isn't huge, about £50 max.

Has anyone done something similar?

I actually run a Bose Companion 3 setup with the plasma I have in the bedroom, rather than its own speakers - sounds great, the only drawback is no remote volume as its a computer setup

Might be over budget, but you might get lucky on fleabay..

Bose Companion 3 Computer Speakers | eBay UK

Thanks mate, I like the look of those! So even if I set the speakers to a certain volume manually, will controlling the volume on the TV work?

Might do, come to think of it..

If you have a headphone output on the TV you could set that up, otherwise if you have to use the stereo outputs then you won't.

Just turn up the volume on the Bose to around 3/4 and turn the tv right down, then adjust the tv volume with the remote.

Oh, and turn down the bass compensator on the Bose or spoken word is very heavy and can get muffled, music sounds fantastic though.

you bought a top end tv and are scrimping on the sound, come on up the budget :p

Agree with danneth - wait a while and get something you'll keep for years! An amp and bookshelfs might be a good way to go.