Blue Ray Help, NEW disney disc!!

DJM1982

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Blue Ray player (approx 18months old).
The Mrs bought me Tron for my birthday but it will NOT play on the blue Ray player, it was the Double pack with the original and the new film, both on blue ray.

I put the disc into the player, get to the language menu and once i've selected the language it doesn't go any further and just freezes. This happen with both disc's. Which i though was alittle odd, so tried another new Blue ray she also bought me 'machette' and this disc works fine.

Today she took the tron box set back to HMV and exchanged it for a new one, she also got herself another disney film on blue ray whilst she was at it. And she had the same problem, got to the language screen and would not play. Now i'm having the same problem with the replacement Tron box set.

So my question is, do the new 'Disney' Blue ray movies only play on NEW blue ray players or is there a setting i need to change on mine. Both blue rays were bought at HMV so region is correct, and my player plays all other blue rays i own. (it does state on the front that it plays on all blue ray players and PS3's)

Any help opinions would be greatly appreciated????

Have you tried connecting your bluray player to the internet for upgrades on software. I do this regularly on my sony player.

No i haven't yet, will try that tmrw.
I have been searching the internet for people experiencing the same problems, and i found a surprisingly large amount of people with the same problem with Disney Blu Rays of tech forums with no real reasons or fixes for the problems.

This guy/kid even guys so far a recording the problem, and this is exactly what happens to mine.

YouTube - ‪Tron Legacy Blu Ray Problems‬‏