AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    North East Forum Moderator

Status

Techy Problem: Windows & Linux.. Wont Boot!

Thought I'd post here as well as a select Linux/Windows forum as I know there are a few techy guys out there....

Got an assignment due in tomorrow and had to polish some stuff off in Linux and didn't have access to the Uni machine so I installed Fedora fresh onto an empty partition in my laptop -- simples. I've done it loads before, never been an issue....

Now whenever I boot I get to the Linux GRUB menu where I can select wether to boot Fedora or Windows... neither will boot. Windows starts to boot as the logo appears but then goes away and crashes. Fedora is just a black screen.

I've done the typical Google search and worked how to change the booting of partitions, played about with this with no joy.

I'm now at a loss.... I am 100% sure I haven't wiped Windows... but I can't even get into Linux or Windows to play about with the command line to check partition managers etc. I can't even boot from CD to use the Windows Recovery on the disk....

Ideas chaps?

TIA.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

2. # ADS
    ADS

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    For once the additional HP support has came in handy. Have now managed to boot from CD... Keep yourself tuned in for live updates! I swear to god If I loose any of this work... oihdiu23hsoi423hd8732y9e03f43frcx234d34

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    You on msn?