TV Wall Mount/bracket Recomendations?

Dec

Reaction score
Hey guys, never noticed this section on here before!

I got a 42" LG tv for christmas, and want to put it on the wall really. Have been looking around and the wall brackets all vary in design and price quite a bit. I'm guessing that the more I spend, then the better quality, but I want to avoid wasting money where I don't need to!

Looking for one of the ones that pulls out so I can aim it slightly to the right, it won't be fully extended so I'm not sure if I need to spend the earth! Any recomendations would be great please :)

TV is the 42LD450 by LG if that makes any difference.. VESA 200 fitment :)

Thanks!

Bear in mind, the TV should be at eye level.

Mounting a TV on the wall at eye level often looks stupid, and mounting it further up where most people seem to put them ends up with you sitting in an unnatural position while viewing.

It will be eye level, its in my bedroom so normally look up when laying in bed anyway. Also It just looks like the desk its on at the moment is about to give way :laugh:, and it takes up too much space like that. I have a cabinet that I want to put underneath it with my PS3 on that will sit just underneath when its at a good height :)

Is this model a plasma or LCD if it's a plasma you will need quite a sturdy bracket because of the weight so don't cheap out or you'll end up with a tv on the floor. The bracket your looking for if you wanna be able to move it about and pull it away from the wall is a large cantilever bracket for that size tv it'll cove you from like a 40 to a 50 inch which for a good quality one your looking 100 to 150 look for omni mount. Currys do offers on these all the time. If you don't need to twist the tv off the wall you can get a flat tilt bracket looking around 50 to 80 for that size tv do you can still face it down towards your bed. And just remember to mount on a solid brick wall might sound daft but so many people try to mount to plasterboard :-s

Thanks Sparki, thats what I was after!

TV is LCD, apparently its 15kg (most brackets seem to overshoot this by miles!) I'll have a look at cantilever brackets :)

Deffo on a brick wall, house is fairly new but not from the era where they cheap out on inside walls lol

I spotted this one, and thought it looked ok but will look for a better one as it seems far too cheap at half of what you have recommended!

[FONT=&quot]Foehn & Hirsch premium Tilt & Turn Cantilever.. | Ebuyer.com[/FONT]

Currys bum you big time, so i wouldnt worry about it being cheaper!

Seems reasonable and claims to support 4 times your TVs weight! Also has 12 reviews all of which are decent.

Looks good to me :)