VIBER - Free calls iPhone to iPhone

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Brilliant little app for making free calls to other iphones.
All calls are made via 3G or wifi if you are connected, and once installed it scans your contacts for other Viber users (same as whatsapp does) and then you can call them for free.

The interface is exactly the same as your iphone's normal telephone app, just in purple.

I've been using it for a few days now and can't fault it.

Give it a go.

Viber - Free Phone Calls for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Isn't that just like Skype, apart from you can't call PC's and people without iPhones?

Isn't that just like Skype, apart from you can't call PC's and people without iPhones?

Not really at all.
It's a lot more transparent/lighter than skype, quicker to use also. You don't need to create an account and login etc, you don't need to find/add skype contacts as it just uses your iphone's contacts and tells you who has viber as well, and you don't get people instant messaging you as well (which really irritated me when using skype for calls on my phone).
All you do is install it, type in your mobile number to set it up, and off you go.... for free.

As long as your mates have iphones too then it's a no-frills free phone.

Oh and the makers are supposed to be releasing android and blackberry versions in the new year too, so free calls will be able to be made cross platform.