JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: HTC Desire HD

6th Gear

Status

HTC Desire HD

Mine arrived on Thursday Which was a surprise as the woman at T-Mobile told me it wasn't due for release until the 3rd November.

First impressions are excellent. Having a few issues with voice dialing from my Parrot car kit. Screen is superb and it came with an 8MB micro SD card from the factory

Anybody with any HTC tips as I've always been a Nokia man

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Hey mate, I dont have the HD one, i just have the normal one, and I have also always been a Nokia man too, to be honest, I couldnt stand touch screens, however, I am really liking this phone, I am VERY impressed with it.

No tips, Im afraid, however, get onto the market, there are lots of decent apps to be had on there.

SerialAudiOffender

Status
    Just get yourself on the Android Market and get the latest free apps downloaded and enjoy mate.

I've got the HTC Wildfire and just love the smaller size of it, but very powerful processor to boot.
    I was out running today and using my A2DP stereo bluetooth headphones to listen to Rock Radio on the internet whilst the Cardio Trainer program was working in the background, giving me voice callouts at set intervals for time, speed and distance (Route also logged with gps map and saved). Also received a phone call whilst running along, which I thought was quite impressive.

The HTC android phones are quite impressive bits of kit.
    Last edited by Phil MC; 23rd October 2010 at 22:30.

Neutral

Status
    I looked at the desire before I got the iPhone wife got an iPhone before me & that's kinda what sold it to me. Tbh I've got problems with mine already on my 2nd one. A guy in work got an iPhone 4 took it back after a week & got a desire and he loves it

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Whats the battery life like? i had a HTC HD2 and it needed charging daily which was just annoying, much happier with my iphone 4 as it last 3 days of use.

Status
    Battery life is not very good on it, just like any smartphone nowadays, requiring a daily charge, I can squeeze 2 days out of it at a push though,

6th Gear

Status
    Depends how much I mess about with it. So far it's been charged every day though. As I stop messing about with it and use it normally that may well get better.

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Android FTW !!!
    Samsung Galaxy here !

Status
    Theres so many things to do on the phone, I can go into the settings to do one thing, see something else, end up doing that then forget what I originally went into it for!!

Oh and on a seperate note - things to get on the Android:

Angry Birds

Auto Express
    Barcode Scanner
    Basketball Shot
    Finger Bowling
    Flashlight
    Paper Toss
    Pingchat (*new*)
    RAC Traffic
    Sky+
    Tubemate

Thats it so far

thats me

Status
    bet you fill that 8 mb card quickly

Wife has a legend and its ok but im finding the apps a oversold item they make them sound good when most are pants.

will try some of the ones listed above but anyone got any other to suggest ???

might get the Desire HD in march when Im due for a swap still love my k800i lol
    red to red black to black blue to bits

6th Gear

Status
    Ahhh pants, just noticed I wrote 8Mb, of course I meant 8Gb. I'm such a tool

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

5th Gear

Status
    My daughter works for phones for you, and they have just got these in. I can't wait for my upgrade in January for one of these. Getting fed up with the Blackberry now.

Reverse Gear

Status
    My brother bought one last week but he finds the ringtones very low in volume. Any ideas as it is on max and its pretty poor TBH

6th Gear

Status
    Well after taking delivery of my phone the poxy thing packed up today. It will not give me access to the memory card and just comes up with "insert SD card". Phoned T-Mobile who initially told me they would only send it away for repair. I said I wanted a replacement hand set and he said he couldn't do that as the terms by HTC blah blah. I replied with "No, I want a new replacement handset. The "Sale of Goods Act 1984" states that where the goods are faulty within this period I am entitled to a refund or a replacement" it went very quiet and I then heard "I'll speak to my manager" 15 minutes on hold and they are replacing my handset.

Life begins at 140mph
    www.passionford.com

is a retronaut

Status
    That's a shame to get a problem like that so quickly.

I've had a Desire since April and am a true HTC fan now.

The best tip I can give is to save all your contacts under your google account and not on the SIM or on the phone. That way they're always backed up on the google server (and you can edit them super quick by logging into gmail). I can create a little guide on how to move contacts if anyone wants but basically you backup contacts from SIM+Phone to the SD, delete them all then when you import them from SD you save them to your gmail.
    Last edited by Staz; 25th January 2011 at 12:45.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.