What laptop?

Dazmo

Reaction score
Looking for a laptop guys and gals, need help, i have a budget of £450-500 max.

Looking for something reliable, good for music, intenet and maybe abit of gaming but not essential, must have wireless N for fast browsing and downloading and good speed processer, i have found loads but its doing my head in abit now, need help.

Heres a few i have found.

Samsung R530-JA0KUK Windows 7 Laptop in Red/Black NP-R530-JA0KUK - Laptops Direct

Acer Aspire 5551, 15.6inch LED LCD Noteboook, AMD Athlon X2 P320, 3GB, 320GB, DVD, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium - Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

ACER Notebook LX.PE902.076 - BHS Direct

l have the Samsung R519. Which must be lower spec that the 530. l used to want the high end models but mine fits my needs. Capable at most things although not with high end games. It will play the newer doom however.

I work in IT mate, and we bought 30 Acers for a custie about 3 years ago. All of them are now fecked with mainboard faults. Customer service is gash. Avoid.

Dell would be my recommendation. We resell them I admit so I am biased, but they are good machines. Although the Samsungs are good as well to be fair.

I have a lappy for sale if interested pm me it's dual core 17.3 inch dedicated graphics cards 512mb ram lantec 2.1 surround with sub underneath....minter too :)

I have a lappy for sale if interested pm me it's dual core 17.3 inch dedicated graphics cards 512mb ram lantec 2.1 surround with sub underneath....minter too :)

Cant buy it second hand mate as i need a receipt as the missis gets £200 off through her work!

I can write a receipt no problems lol

Dell are the biggest bunch of tossers on the planet, I have 2 top of range XPS 1340 units for me & missus that would cost 2k+ when new, nothing but problems, the service, support & engineering is absolutely fecking unreal, been a year with faults now & promises of new machines etc etc, steer clear of them is my advice, call centers that have idiots manning the tin cans, the ****** executive office make false promises, none of them answer there DDI's, absolutely fecking outrageous, going to Trading standards soon.

Dell are the biggest bunch of tossers on the planet, I have 2 top of range XPS 1340 units for me & missus that would cost 2k+ when new, nothing but problems, the service, support & engineering is absolutely fecking unreal, been a year with faults now & promises of new machines etc etc, steer clear of them is my advice, call centers that have idiots manning the tin cans, the ****** executive office make false promises, none of them answer there DDI's, absolutely fecking outrageous, going to Trading standards soon.

Yeah dell are not what they used to be, were'nt they recently taken over?

Yeah dell are not what they used to be, were'nt they recently taken over?

Used to be, lmfao, they were crap before when I was dealing with them for support issues for clients machines, fecking useless to say the least.

No they wernt taken over, all thats happened in the last year or so is Michael Dell returned to the head of the table as such, fine job he's doing, still ****

I'm gonna get cained for saying it but I work in IT/design too and after years and years of blowing up Samsungs, Acers, Dells, HPs, etc I went Mac. If you can knock up your budget to £600ish you can get a white Macbook from the refurb store.

I reckon over the last few years of having one I've saved about 14 man-days of my life not having to backup, reformat, restore, repeat....

I have a macbook myself, with both OSx and 7 installed on it. Never missed a beat, and got some serious usage when I was at uni. Having said that, they are expensive and not to everyone's taste.