My new wheels

ttandka

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought I'd stick a pic of my new wheels up and see what you think.

Lorinser1.sized.jpg

You can see the sig for a comparison shot.....until I change it anyhoo

very nice, they work well with the car

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Close up is available if you follow the 'My lovely mota' link.

Expensive??? Not too bad £1700 all in

[ QUOTE ]
ttandka said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Close up is available if you follow the 'My lovely mota' link.

Expensive??? Not too bad £1700 all in

[/ QUOTE ]

They do look good! Not a bad price really either for the size!

Good job!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Do you reckon if it was possible to wheelspin on the spot, that the A8 would move side ways like the RSQ in I-Robot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah it would be split in half as it would pull in opposite directions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Do you reckon if it was possible to wheelspin on the spot, that the A8 would move side ways like the RSQ in I-Robot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah it would be split in half as it would pull in opposite directions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would move sideways, cos all four wheels are the same, so the direction of the spokes would be the same whichever way the wheel is facing haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
I am wondering if you get better disks cooling with these wheels though?
I mean is there any well known wheels that improve the air movement?
Actually does anyone know if the air to cool down the breaks is coming more from the "internal" side of the wheels (below the car) or more from the "external" side (the one you see)?

PS:
haha... not!
c'mon wheels are the same but not facing the same way....
well I think anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, let me re-phrase what I was trying to say. The wheels have directional spokes so you are correct in that the wheels on the left side of the car would have the spoke facing forward lets say, and the wheels on the right hand side would have the spokes facing backwards, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(same as my wheels lol). I was referring to the angle of the spokes, as if it was to work like a fan/turbine blowing or sucking air(no funny jokes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif), similar to what you are on about the brakes being cooled. Silly I know, but I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get that A8 to move sideways if you could really wheelspin the thing on the spot, although you would probably need some serious power.

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
u have too much thinkin time on your hands jojo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true mate, I'll get my coat...

BTW Lee, are these not the wheels you was gonna go for on your A3 Quattro?

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
I am wondering if you get better disks cooling with these wheels though?
I mean is there any well known wheels that improve the air movement?
Actually does anyone know if the air to cool down the breaks is coming more from the "internal" side of the wheels (below the car) or more from the "external" side (the one you see)?

PS:
haha... not!
c'mon wheels are the same but not facing the same way....
well I think anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, let me re-phrase what I was trying to say. The wheels have directional spokes so you are correct in that the wheels on the left side of the car would have the spoke facing forward lets say, and the wheels on the right hand side would have the spokes facing backwards, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(same as my wheels lol). I was referring to the angle of the spokes, as if it was to work like a fan/turbine blowing or sucking air(no funny jokes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif), similar to what you are on about the brakes being cooled. Silly I know, but I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get that A8 to move sideways if you could really wheelspin the thing on the spot, although you would probably need some serious power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been on the Bottle joe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif