EM TuningChris Nott
    imported_cononcars

RS4 Replicas on an S4

Some advice needed please,

I am interested in the RS4 replical alloys which are for sale on E-bay.

They are 8x18 with an offset of ET35

They have 2 PCD fittings, I think they are multi drilled, which sounds a bit dubious to me for a wheel which will be fitted to a high performance car.

Has anyone else fitted these wheels? What is the correct offset for an S4? Are these wheels decent quality or does the paint chip off with the slightest ding allowing the alloy to become as furry as a very furry furby?

The price is very reasonable, that's why I am suspicious.

Anyone with more knowledge / first hand experience of these wheels, I need your feedback.

Many thanks in advance.

Gaz.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: RS4 Replicas on an S4

I tend to trust my instinct in these cases. If your suspicious I'd say walk way. There are plenty of other places to buy RS4 wheels.

Besides if they are original wheels they don't fit

imported_Yaseen

Im actually planning to buy the said wheel type myself in approx 6 months- on ebay you get one of either two types of rs4 rep wheels mainly

1) et30 (eg rochford tyres sell these)
    2) et35 multi-drilled

havent come across et35 on its own as far as i can remember.

et35 definately look better than et30 on the car and im not too bothered regarding performance as have a non-turbo. apparently there are only a few factories churning out all the rs4 replicas (many from italy) so im willing to chance it on the quality front.

imported_cononcars

Have you actually seen the 30 and 35 offset wheels on an A4/S4?

I suppose the only difference is the way they fill the arches?

Is the outside face of the wheel dished differently on the two different offsets, or are both faces the same?

Gaz.

imported_Yaseen

nope i havent actually seen the wheels compared in reality although seen lots of rs4 wheels on b5`s [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

but have it on good authority- do a search on audiworld as i think pics were posted ages ago- or ask Excursion (iirc he searched for a while till he got et35)

yup they both fit fine, its just the way they fill the arches- im being picky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

btw something to keep in mind- a lot of replicas come with cheap centre caps- oem ones are approx 60 for 4 and look much better so if applicable factor the cost in.

love the rs4 wheels on a a4- but if i had an s4 id wanna be sure they were ok.

good luck with it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

My RS4 replicas are double-drilled. Not sure about the offset as they were already on the car but I've had no problems with them.