B7 brakes on a B6

QuottroA4

Reaction score
Quick question peeps, would B7 3.0Q brakes fit my B6 1.9TDIQ?

Apologies if this question has been asked before... :blush:

Certainkly will mate, as long as you get calipers, carriers, discs and pads and probably need 18" wheels as a minimum. Get some pics up when you get them. :icon_thumright:

What size is the disc on that one?

I think 17" wheels might fit if they are original audi, i have seen some 3.0tdi with 17's on.

Hi Marc, Ive only got OEM 17's so might not fit?

Do you have to bleed the brake when fitting new calipers? Hope not as the fitting I can cope with..brake fluid is a pain in the butt!

Do you have to bleed the brake when fitting new calipers? Hope not as the fitting I can cope with..brake fluid is a pain in the butt!

Yes you will need to as there will be air in the replacement caliper - but as it's only the caliper being changed it should be an easy bleed as the air will be right at the end of the lines.

Why not take the opportunity of uprating your brake fluid while you're there?

Good point, been told that I cant put dot 5.1 in a system which has dot 4 in...is this true?

Rich

Yes you will need to as there will be air in the replacement caliper - but as it's only the caliper being changed it should be an easy bleed as the air will be right at the end of the lines.

Why not take the opportunity of uprating your brake fluid while you're there?

Hi Marc, Ive only got OEM 17's so might not fit?

I think 17" wheels might fit if they are original audi, i have seen some 3.0tdi with 17's on.

As jwhat says, I was wrong. He's your man when it comes to brakes, he's thoroughly researched them. :icon_thumright: