AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    182

    B7 brakes on a B6

    Quick question peeps, would B7 3.0Q brakes fit my B6 1.9TDIQ?

    Apologies if this question has been asked before...
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Certainkly will mate, as long as you get calipers, carriers, discs and pads and probably need 18" wheels as a minimum. Get some pics up when you get them.

    What size is the disc on that one?
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

  4. #3
    jwhat's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    524
    I think 17" wheels might fit if they are original audi, i have seen some 3.0tdi with 17's on.

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    182
    Hi Marc, Ive only got OEM 17's so might not fit?

    Do you have to bleed the brake when fitting new calipers? Hope not as the fitting I can cope with..brake fluid is a pain in the butt!
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

  6. #5
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by QuottroA4 View Post
    Do you have to bleed the brake when fitting new calipers? Hope not as the fitting I can cope with..brake fluid is a pain in the butt!
    Yes you will need to as there will be air in the replacement caliper - but as it's only the caliper being changed it should be an easy bleed as the air will be right at the end of the lines.

    Why not take the opportunity of uprating your brake fluid while you're there?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    182
    Good point, been told that I cant put dot 5.1 in a system which has dot 4 in...is this true?

    Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Yes you will need to as there will be air in the replacement caliper - but as it's only the caliper being changed it should be an easy bleed as the air will be right at the end of the lines.

    Why not take the opportunity of uprating your brake fluid while you're there?
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

  8. #7
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by QuottroA4 View Post
    Hi Marc, Ive only got OEM 17's so might not fit?

    Do you have to bleed the brake when fitting new calipers? Hope not as the fitting I can cope with..brake fluid is a pain in the butt!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhat View Post
    I think 17" wheels might fit if they are original audi, i have seen some 3.0tdi with 17's on.

    As jwhat says, I was wrong. He's your man when it comes to brakes, he's thoroughly researched them.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO