Were to find Brake Rotors?

I

imported_paranoico

Hello,

I'm looking arround to find Front Rotors for my A6 V8, but all the listings I found so far on e-bay are for 2.7 T or 2.8Q, nothing for the V8 A6.

Anybody knows anything about this?

Thanks,
Paranoico.

[ QUOTE ]
paranoico said:
Hello,

I'm looking arround to find Front Rotors for my A6 V8, but all the listings I found so far on e-bay are for 2.7 T or 2.8Q, nothing for the V8 A6.

Anybody knows anything about this?

Thanks,
Paranoico.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does that matter? It should be rotors that fit your model (eg. the B6 or C5).

Well, basically the rotors on the 2001 V8 came in various diameters and caliper combinations. Mine is fitted with 321x30 rotors, and has Lucas calipers.

There's another version which has the exact same rotor dimensions but a different center offset (22.7 mm on one and 16.7 mm on the other) and is fitted with (I beleive...) ATE Calipers. I have to measure this in my car to know exactly which rotor model I'm looking for.

2.7 Ts' and 2.8s' supposedly have same rotor dimensions as the V8, but I've received a quote on them and before they shipped I realized the size was 317x30!

Still working on this. Maybe I'll have them resurfaced before buying new ones. I've already got the original pads.

Thanks,
Paranoico.

Grinding of Audi rotors has proven to be less than desirable because the results leave a rotor that doesn't dissipate heat well and warping becomes an issue.

Just food for thought.

But I didn't know that about the different rotors/calipers within the A6 line. I am surprised to read that there is so much difference.

Neither did I know about this difference... I also realize that the grinding of the rotors is not the best result, but so far I'd rahter spend 2 hours of my time and save 130 bucks (that's what the only local shop arround here will charge for this job - Bentonville, Arkansas is not a big city...).

If the result is not what I expect, then I'll just get new rotors and put an end to my braking issues.

Thanks for the info.

hi have a look on www.compbrake.co.uk they stock the powervane racing rotors they have been trading sincre 1984 they helped me for my s2
kind regards felix